How About A Little Respect?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hey everyone, this is an article I wrote for my school newspaper about cheerleading and promoting the fact that high school cheerleading is in fact, a sport!
Just wanted to get my thoughts out
The Harvard-Westlake Chronicle - How about a little respect?
Please read and share :)
Absolutely loved this! I never thought about the sympathy double-standard that teachers use toward us and football players.

I'm posting this to my Twitter.

That is a very well-written article. Great job!

Side note: my good friend's husband works at your school as a data/electrical guy.

Hey everyone, this is an article I wrote for my school newspaper about cheerleading and promoting the fact that high school cheerleading is in fact, a sport!
Just wanted to get my thoughts out
The Harvard-Westlake Chronicle - How about a little respect?
Please read and share :)
A great article!! My daughter's boyfriend is going to navy after hs graduation to play football (on a full paid scholarship). And after attending CP's showcase, he said he has more respect for cheerleaders then some football players.

A great article!! My daughter's boyfriend is going to navy after hs graduation to play football (on a full paid scholarship). And after attending CP's showcase, he said he has more respect for cheerleaders then some football players.
Thank you so much for reading!

Many of our girls who leave the sport to do high school cheer return a year later stating its not competitive enough. Cheerleading is no different than any other sport such gymnastics ice skating etc and deserves all the scholarships and recognition that all sports get.

This is a wonderful article that will be shared with my cheerleaders and mentoring group( who happen to be young men) I had the pleasure of taking them to my daughters cheer comp,just to find out many of them( football & basketball players) have a desire to cheer. Yes the tumbling and daring stunts is what pulls them in but each and everyone who watched(young and older) stated....this is a sport. Maybe seeing truly is believing!!!

Latest posts

Back