All-Star How Are You Playing Music To Teach Choreo?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 29, 2016
I'm trying to find the best method for playing my mixes when teaching choreography to the team. What methods/devices are everyone using? Is there a standard? This is Sully's wife Kasie....btw

My cp has always learned to counts. Then it moved to a counting track (not sure what the word is for it) that had the SFXs in the right spots . Eventually, they start running it with the music, usually about 1-4 months after choreo. I am not sure if it is the preferred way, or if it is just how it needed to be done until the real music is ready (but this was the method at two different all star gyms and for her AYC team)

My CP has always learned her choreo by 8 counts. Adding music comes much later at her gym.

CP learns the the 8-count man and then they transition over to their music once it's in. Last season they used the 8 counts, got their music about a week before showcase, used the 8-count for the showcase and had it to music by their first competition about a month later.

CP learns the the 8-count man and then they transition over to their music once it's in. Last season they used the 8 counts, got their music about a week before showcase, used the 8-count for the showcase and had it to music by their first competition about a month later.
Same

I always teach to 8 counts first and then the music later. This way they aren't dependent on the music. Stuff happens, if music cuts out at a comp but they know their counts inside and out they can keep going without a problem but if they are only used to matching choreo to certain sound effects etc then they would be in trouble.

I don't use 8 count man as much with the Jr and Sr teams but with the Mini and Youth I do I think especially the Mini it helps them learn to count and keep that same steady rhythm.

8 count man. If I waited for music to arrive, we wouldn't be ready for competition cos they take so long to come in

8 count man. If I waited for music to arrive, we wouldn't be ready for competition cos they take so long to come in

This. My senior year we got the final version the morning of the competition. I think an 8 count or two was missing so we had most of it but it was still nerve racking.

Back