All-Star How Far Would You Travel For Practice??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i live on the eastern side of ohio, and i used to drive 13 minutes to my old gym. but i switched gyms and i drive about an hour to pittsburgh superstars! sometimes it can take about 1 hour and 15 minutes, but thats only if there is construction or something. the PA turnpike is crap and something is always happening!!! :( but i wouldnt change it for the world! i love my team, and i love my coaches! best decision of my life!!! <3 :D

I hate the PA turnpike... depending on the time of day i often will take a long route around just to avoid it... luckily i rarely have to use it

I take the train to practice! It's about 3 hours all together. But with rush hour and all the people coming from work from NYC the second train is the worst!!! I have to stand for the whole hour and forty minutes. Then I get picked up from an amazing mom for another 45 minutes. But it's all worth it once I get to practice :)

I take the train to practice! It's about 3 hours all together. But with rush hour and all the people coming from work from NYC the second train is the worst!!! I have to stand for the whole hour and forty minutes. Then I get picked up from an amazing mom for another 45 minutes. But it's all worth it once I get to practice :)
Wow! Just be very careful on the train. Theres alot of creepy kidnappers. But great idea for saving gas and all! It costs me 50 dollars everytime i drive to practice... So now we are getting a prius instead of driving my bug. I wish i could just close my eyes, open them, and be there though. Skip the drive:)

Trust me I keep to myself especially in Harlem!! I'm very cautious no matter what age or gender stay away from me!!!! I had very creep experiences that scared me to death. But it's still very expensive but it's cheaper than gas. It's about $112 a week. I would love to teleport to practice!! That would be lovely :)

Trust me I keep to myself especially in Harlem!! I'm very cautious no matter what age or gender stay away from me!!!! I had very creep experiences that scared me to death. But it's still very expensive but it's cheaper than gas. It's about $112 a week. I would love to teleport to practice!! That would be lovely :)
Oh wow thats alot!!! Yes, somebody needs to invent teleporting cheer shoes. Click your heels together, and BAM your there! Haa that would be the life

The gym I used to go to took about 5-8 minutes but I switched to my current gym which is about a 30-45 minute drive but it's worth every minute of the drive! I love my gym and can't imagine cheering anywhere else!

I have a 9 year old on my Youth 3 team that travels 2 hours one way twice a week for practices. Her former gym had her on a youth 2 team and told her she was not "ready" for level 3. Well, she splits center for flying (beautiful body positions, learned full up to prep very quickly) and she's last pass on our level 3 team....I think she's ready. lol

We have at least 7 kids on our senior 5 team that all travel at LEAST 1 1/2 hours one way to practice. One even flies in. :)
WTH do the parents do for a living that they can afford for their kid to fly in? i'm worried about the gas money i'm spending for our hour drive!

My cP can never have sleep overs either. She is in the gym Saturday morning and Sunday evening. She has a shirt that says " I can't I have practice" so fitting

we have a saturday AM practice that is an hour away so we need to get up at 6:30am to leave by 8am. We do have sleep overs but it's because 3 other girls on my cp's team live near us so we carpool. lol other than that, none of my cp's non cheer friends wouldn't be coming over unless they wanted to go with us! 2 even live farther than we do!

my team practices in 3 different locations, kind of confusing i know, but the gyms are 1, 2 and 3 hours from my house

I commute with train... Since they're not always on time I leave home for practise 3 hours before it starts. On the way home it usually takes 2 hours. Oh, and I have to take three different trains (but they all match).
I don't think I could commute longer than that, at least not if it's three times a week.

I used to cheer for a team that was 5/20/40 minutes away with bus. But I'm much happier at my new gym, even though it takes up so much time. So def worth it!

Back