How Long Does It Take To Get A Full?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 6, 2016
i’m a level 4 athlete, i have a solid roundoff handspring layout and i’ve worked on standing fulls multiple times before so i’m not new to twisting (i’m actually kind of close to having it by myself). but i really want to start working on running roundoff handspring fulls, i’ve never gotten spotted on it or tried it before. i know it sounds crazy but i have tryouts in a little over a month and i was wondering if anyone thinks it’s possible that i could get it by then? i really want to try for a restricted 5 or 5 team for the upcoming season. tips and opinions are welcome! :)

i’m a level 4 athlete, i have a solid roundoff handspring layout and i’ve worked on standing fulls multiple times before so i’m not new to twisting (i’m actually kind of close to having it by myself). but i really want to start working on running roundoff handspring fulls, i’ve never gotten spotted on it or tried it before. i know it sounds crazy but i have tryouts in a little over a month and i was wondering if anyone thinks it’s possible that i could get it by then? i really want to try for a restricted 5 or 5 team for the upcoming season. tips and opinions are welcome! :)

If you have a running layout you can definitely get your full in under a month. Also, a standing full is soooo much harder than a running, so if you’re close to getting your standing like you said, you’ll get your running in no time. Do you have a pit or a crash mat you can do your first ones on? If so, just throw it. Before you start the pass, physically do the arms part of the twist a few times, the muscle memory will help when you’re in the air. If you just have just a regular floor, try throwing a half at first until you’re comfortable.

Back