How Many Teams?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 12, 2015
My cp is 9 and is on a Y2 team, crosses to a J2 to try flying, and is also on a dance (hip hop) team. I think it's a bit much but she wants to give it a try...

Most of our kids only do one team. I think we have two crossovers between youth 2 and junior 2 (to be able to have top girls on our junior 2 team), and one crossover from senior 4.2 to our junior 3 because she is a top girl on 4.2 but she is learning to backspot on junior 3 and her tumbling is level 3 appropriate (we don't have a senior 3).

We add our hip hop teams/dance teams later in the season so I imagine a couple of kids will cross over to that as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ETA: we have roughly 150 kids and eight teams. If that makes a difference.

Lots of kids in our gym cross over so they're on two teams. I don't think we have any on 3 teams this year, but I did have a 9 year old on my y1 last year who crossed to y2 and mini poms. She loved being in the gym and never complained!

Probably 75% of our dance program crosses to cheer. None of our cheer to cheer crossovers cross up or down more than one level. We let kids choose if they want to cross, and it's gotten more popular in our gym every year. Our cheer program has 5 teams and around 65 kids.

It definitely seems as though the kids that crossover in our gym progress much more quickly and typically become great leaders on their lower level/younger team.

My CP crosses between two cheer teams - this is her second year of crossing and she really likes being on two teams. I think 3 would be too much. Does the hip hop team practice 2x a week?

Back