How Much Do You Run At Practice?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We run a lap outside for every person missing from practice and people who were late. Each lap is like a quarter of a mile. Some nights we've done 6 laps. Just depends. It's All Star by the way.

We run a lap outside for every person missing from practice and people who were late. Each lap is like a quarter of a mile. Some nights we've done 6 laps. Just depends. It's All Star by the way.

That's a good idea.. Although the person who was missing or late should run even more at the next practice! Nothing irritates me more when people miss especially since my daughter is a flyer because then she gets different bases or they have to switch flyers in and out because everyone isn't there to put them up!!

we dont run for my high school
but for allstar we run 5 laps for warmup plus other stuff , and then once a week we do (at the least) 2 indian runs outside

for the senior team that i coach we make them run snakes for the duration of a routine (we put on music) and then we condition them afterward. for my team i'm not sure yet because my first practice isn't for 2 weeks haha.

Running and other cardio for high school cheer is key. Nobody likes hearing winded cheerleaders during the minute-long cheer portion of comp routines.

Lol, I remember in 2007 when I was on senior open level 3, we had a cheer in our routine and I would always mouth it.

for high school (i coach) - they run one mile
and for all star we run 10 tines around the floor to get warm! and then stretch.

Usually we run 1 out of our 2 practice days and its a mile. but i hate running and it makes it worse when a mile at my gym is 36 times down and back of the gym (gym is about 2 full floors in length) but week of competition or after the competion is a mile one day and half a mile the next day

Back