All-Star How Much Do Your Competition Uniforms Cost?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wow I feel like my athletes are getting a bargain then! We charge either $140 or $115 depending on what uniform you have to get & that's INCLUDING THE BOW! We also on sell any 2nd hand ones that are still in good condition. If my parent's start to whinge at me about price I'll just refer them to this thread!! HOLY MOLY!!!!

Your gym owner got another paid vacation. I would guess that they profited at least $ 20,000 or more just on the uniforms for that many cheerleaders.

The owner owns 6 gyms (all dedicated to gymnastics except one includes the cheer program). So he definitely isn't hurting for cash; it is definitely treated as a business at that gym. They order their uniforms from GT. I think they should have gone with a company that isn't so pricey.

I don't mind paying the 300 plus for a nice blingy uniform. Really excited about seeing what the new top will look like this year, too. But the equal priced, no bling warmup was a little pricey but I have to say it is extremely nicely made. But I flip out when she tells me she gave her warmup jacket to so and so to hold. Get it right now immediately.

According to our packet, our uni is $310. We're in the midst of a uni change this year, so basically everyone has to buy new (our restricted 5 had it last year, so they are saved the cost this year). Our warmup is $185 and is mandatory. We changed it last year I think, so everyone had to get it then. Only new people have to get it this year. Our previous warmup was kept for something like 5 years.

I think they should have gone with a company that isn't so pricey.

Prices are only as expensive as owners allow them to be. I work for GK I have done beautiful competition uniforms for $55.00 and Ive done some for $500. I'm only chiming in because I feel uniform companies take heat on prices when we only design what we are asked to. With that said, I think uniforms can really be used to help brand your program and also make your routine cleaner and athletes look better. Now Im not saying $400 means a team looks better (Ive seen some ugly $400 uniforms), but if designed the right way they should.
As far as uniform markups for gym owners, I think there is a fair markup. If your uniform costs $200 and you charge $400.... to me, that is impractical. If you are ONLY making money at your gym by upcharging a uniform, then maybe you should reconsider other issues.

However, if your uniform is $350 and you charge $400, that seems fair. Gym owners do need to compensate themselves for "working" and getting the design process going. Aside from that, sometimes gym owners forget to factor in tax and shipping. And if they have someone join late and need to pay a rush fee to get a uniform quicker, they upcharged enough to cover things like that.

Each to their own. I think uniforms are def. geographically different. I know I would never put my kids in a uniform that a kid in Miami wears, but I respect the differences.

I think Princess Hotmess uniform was somewhere around $300.00 don't remember lol. I honestly love the uniform and think it is beautiful and cannot wait to actually have her's in my hands. I don't mind that I paid that much it is quality work and will look amazing under the lights.

our uniform incl bow is around 120€ and another package for 20€ including shorts, gymshirt and bow to wear during practise.
for about 50€ they can take a warm-up package (pants and hoodie) but not obligated.
those who need shoes can order them in bulk twice a year. (choice between Varsity and Nfinity)

I think it's quiet ok, but still many complain.

our uniform incl bow is around 120€ and another package for 20€ including shorts, gymshirt and bow to wear during practise.
for about 50€ they can take a warm-up package (pants and hoodie) but not obligated.
those who need shoes can order them in bulk twice a year. (choice between Varsity and Nfinity)

I think it's quiet ok, but still many complain.

It's a great price, but i know this complaining thing. Whenever parents ask "How much is this cheerleading thing" i changed from saying 120.-€ a year to 120.-€ a year plus the uniform, teamwearetc.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

According to our packet, our uni is $310. We're in the midst of a uni change this year, so basically everyone has to buy new (our restricted 5 had it last year, so they are saved the cost this year). Our warmup is $185 and is mandatory. We changed it last year I think, so everyone had to get it then. Only new people have to get it this year. Our previous warmup was kept for something like 5 years.

Wow! That must be one heck of a warm-up! We're getting new ones at Storm, but I think ours are under $100.

Wow! That must be one heck of a warm-up! We're getting new ones at Storm, but I think ours are under $100.
They are really nice. We'll be keeping for awhile (the last one was at least 5 years, though I think it was actually longer), so if you spread the cost over the length of it, it's not that much.

Back