All-Star How Much Should One Year Of Allstar Cheerleading Cost?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have no clue what pricing was like back when I cheered. What pricing is today is one thing, what I think it should be is much lower. I think we all agree gym tuition isn't the issue, and I actually am in favor of giving more of the budget to training. Coaches and gym owners for the most part should be paid more than what they are in my opinion.

We're obviously a travel sport and not a rec league, so pricing is expected to be more. I think for kids just getting started and lower level athletes the pricing should top out around $3000-$4000 a year. I know even then some families will price out, but I think that is a sustainable price tag for a competitive travel sport. For the higher levels and more committed athletes, I think a price range between $5000-$7000 a season is a good top out range.

What shocks me most price wise is the uniforms. I just can't get over $400 uniforms. It's not necessary and I can't believe how many people/gyms are ok with that price tag. There isn't much that shocks me anymore in this sport, but $400+ uniforms every 2 years that you wear 10 times max all season blows my mind (especially for this age group that grows so fast that they're lucky to get 1 season out of that uni.) As does any practice wear that exceeds $100 (really even that is a lot for what is being received. I know what the practice wear actually costs to make and the profits being made are ridiculous!) $150-$200 warm-ups are also insane. A 3-4 year uniform rotation schedule used to be normal and there is nothing wrong with that.

I haven't been to Cheersport in a while, but even back in 2011 it had STP. For reference (in case it helps with the STP discussion) the rate in 2011 for the Marriott Marquis Atlanta was $149/night + taxes and $28/night parking. 2 nights minimum. Not sure what the Marquis is for cheersport weekend today. In 2010, the Hampton Inn Atlanta was $139/night + taxes. No minimum nights that I can see on old emails. There was a parking fee, but my old email doesn't show what it was. Maybe someone has current pricing to show the jump from back then.

I have no clue what pricing was like back when I cheered. What pricing is today is one thing, what I think it should be is much lower. I think we all agree gym tuition isn't the issue, and I actually am in favor of giving more of the budget to training. Coaches and gym owners for the most part should be paid more than what they are in my opinion.

We're obviously a travel sport and not a rec league, so pricing is expected to be more. I think for kids just getting started and lower level athletes the pricing should top out around $3000-$4000 a year. I know even then some families will price out, but I think that is a sustainable price tag for a competitive travel sport. For the higher levels and more committed athletes, I think a price range between $5000-$7000 a season is a good top out range.

What shocks me most price wise is the uniforms. I just can't get over $400 uniforms. It's not necessary and I can't believe how many people/gyms are ok with that price tag. There isn't much that shocks me anymore in this sport, but $400+ uniforms every 2 years that you wear 10 times max all season blows my mind (especially for this age group that grows so fast that they're lucky to get 1 season out of that uni.) As does any practice wear that exceeds $100 (really even that is a lot for what is being received. I know what the practice wear actually costs to make and the profits being made are ridiculous!) $150-$200 warm-ups are also insane. A 3-4 year uniform rotation schedule used to be normal and there is nothing wrong with that.

I haven't been to Cheersport in a while, but even back in 2011 it had STP. For reference (in case it helps with the STP discussion) the rate in 2011 for the Marriott Marquis Atlanta was $149/night + taxes and $28/night parking. 2 nights minimum. Not sure what the Marquis is for cheersport weekend today. In 2010, the Hampton Inn Atlanta was $139/night + taxes. No minimum nights that I can see on old emails. There was a parking fee, but my old email doesn't show what it was. Maybe someone has current pricing to show the jump from back then.

This year the Marriott Marquis for Cheersport was $164.00/night + taxes for a king room and $35/night parking. Not sure if there was a minimum stay required. The hotels in Atlanta still seem reasonably priced compared to what has happened in Dallas. I know before STP, we could stay for $99/night with no minimum stay in a nice downtown hotel within walking distance. Now it's at least double that with a several night minimum if you're lucky enough to even get a room anywhere close to the convention center.

We are just about $5K for tuition including tumbling. We only do NCA Dallas (we waiver out of the hotel) St Louis (119/night for 2 nights) and WSF ($389 night/2 nights - my splurge). Will be under $7k pre summit including everything. We are at GymTyme IL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our recent seasons have been at least 10-15k with 2-3 plane trips and 6 or 7 other comps, choreography, uniform hotels etc but I've had years that came to 20k+

I don't believe this is true. I had two athletes up until last season and I was able to list both of them in one room. STP is crazy, but having to book a hotel room for each child would be beyond crazy!!

It depends on the room. If the hotel has the room designated as a 2 person max occupancy then that means one adult and one cheerleader. Connections would not let me put 2 cheerleaders names in a room with me at a hotel that had a room labeled as 2 max last season (a king room). I had to change hotels to one that had a room allowing for 4.

**pretty is as pretty does #dopretty

Monthly fee (including tumble classes, they offer three a week) $345 x 12= 4140
Practice wear $325
Practice bows (optional) $100
Uniform $400
Team jacket $200
CP did private flyer tryout that was $175 but the normal price for this is 75.
Misc (comp bow, usasf fee, gym registration) $90
I believe we will have three travel comps (2 drivable, 1 flight) not including summit.

Total without travel:
$5430

$325 for practice wear?

Exactly. If you have 2 athletes, you have to book 2 rooms to get their ID #s on the room list.

Let me say this ahead of time since I don't have to deal with NCA...F that! No competition, even World's itself, is worth that much money to me. None!

We are just about $5K for tuition including tumbling. We only do NCA Dallas (we waiver out of the hotel) St Louis (119/night for 2 nights) and WSF ($389 night/2 nights - my splurge). Will be under $7k pre summit including everything. We are at GymTyme IL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You only compete 3 times?

if NCA has a waiver to opt out, why arent more programs/teams doing it then. i never had to deal with STP when i was in allstar cheerleading simply because i aged out before allstar cheer developed into a big thing. But STP just sounds like a big rip off to me in general, regardless of the sport.

What does your monthly fee include? Practices and tumbling?
Practices, as many tumble classes as you want to take (there are three different ones that could be taken per week), also includes all comp fees, choreo, music, coaches fees...it is an all inclusive price per month aside from the additional costs I listed above.

$325 for practice wear?
6 spanks and 5 sports bra (one is reversible) it equals about $29.50 per piece. Actually not a bad price at all. And they are super cute with bling or sequins. You'd pay just as much for Nike Pros (which is what my CP wears basically every single day, lol).

I don't think anyone is a fan of STP but, if we are going to complain about it, I think it is important to direct our complaints in the right direction. Two years ago, Dallas approved a 2% tax hike on their hotels, it is almost at 15% with state and occupancy tax, add on top of that any fees. Of course, city officials want to guarantee a certain amount of hotel rooms for these events, and hotels have agreed to help them earn tax revenue via their tourist. New article from a couple of years ago....

Dallas Hotels Agree to New Tax on Guests to Promote Tourism | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

Back