College How to become a collegiate flyer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 9, 2023
Hello guys! So my friend wants me to try out for UCF cheer, mind you I’m a base/backspot so I’ve never flown before. I honestly kinda think it’d be nice to try it, but idk how to get started… any tips/suggestions?? They do toss extensions, toss to lib, and all that stuff and I’ve never done anything remotely close.

Stretch, have a strong core, stretch/be flexible, attend clinics, and take coed or group flyer privates. The majority of their flyers have experience flying, even if it was through privates and clinics.

Last edited:
Hello guys! So my friend wants me to try out for UCF cheer, mind you I’m a base/backspot so I’ve never flown before. I honestly kinda think it’d be nice to try it, but idk how to get started… any tips/suggestions?? They do toss extensions, toss to lib, and all that stuff and I’ve never done anything remotely close.
Well, you could try but considering the fact that UCF only has a large coed team where only the guys base and the girls fly, not to mention that the Golden Knights are very competitive (they recently won the 2024 UCA Division IA Large Coed Championship) it's not going to be easy. But if you really want to base, my suggestion is to look at Florida State or USF. The Seminoles are a small coed team that is one of the top finishers in UCA Division IA Small Coed and USF has a very talented all-girl team in addition to their large coed team.

Hope this helps.

Well, you could try but considering the fact that UCF only has a large coed team where only the guys base and the girls fly, not to mention that the Golden Knights are very competitive (they recently won the 2024 UCA Division IA Large Coed Championship) it's not going to be easy. But if you really want to base, my suggestion is to look at Florida State or USF. The Seminoles are a small coed team that is one of the top finishers in UCA Division IA Small Coed and USF has a very talented all-girl team in addition to their large coed team.

Hope this helps.
While yes, I can look at FSU and USF, UCF is the best school for me academically (2D Animation). Plus I don't care about competing honestly, I'm a game day girl by heart!

Back