All-Star How To Clean Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 9, 2017
Any tips on washing white cheer uniforms that are heavily beaded?? Our uniforms are white with red black and silver accents and are heavily stoned.

My cps uniform is white with blue and teal accents also heavily rhinestoned. I use the handwash setting on my washing machine, put it in a mesh laundry bag and use Tide free and clear. So far have have no issues with any stones coming off and it comes out perfect every time :)

Any tips on washing white cheer uniforms that are heavily beaded?? Our uniforms are white with red black and silver accents and are heavily stoned.

Hand wash armpits & spot treat stains.... hang to dry.

ETA: I always had tide-to-go in my competition bag for spot treating stains right away = less work after the stains set

We have to hand wash ours with a gentle, clear detergent with no enhancements. Our uniforms came with specific instructions as how to clean it. We were warned that if we do not follow procedure, we lose our "warranty" on our uniform. Could you contact your gym owner or the company who produced your uniform?
BTW, I still haven't washed CP's uniform yet! I am too afraid to!

We have to hand wash ours with a gentle, clear detergent with no enhancements. Our uniforms came with specific instructions as how to clean it. We were warned that if we do not follow procedure, we lose our "warranty" on our uniform. Could you contact your gym owner or the company who produced your uniform?
BTW, I still haven't washed CP's uniform yet! I am too afraid to!
every cheer uniform seems to come with a mile long list of washing instructions, and most of them are unnecessary IMO. my gym got rebel sports bras with lots of stoning this year, and they came with nearly a full page of washing instructions! For that and my uniform I put them in the washing machine on the handwash cycle, in cold water just with tide, and hang dry. I haven't lost a single stone, and i've washed both about 3-5 times this season

every cheer uniform seems to come with a mile long list of washing instructions, and most of them are unnecessary IMO. my gym got rebel sports bras with lots of stoning this year, and they came with nearly a full page of washing instructions! For that and my uniform I put them in the washing machine on the handwash cycle, in cold water just with tide, and hang dry. I haven't lost a single stone, and i've washed both about 3-5 times this season

Our owner washed a skirt before distributing the uniform to the entire gym. She followed their instructions and it bled. They found out the problem and we eventually had to return the skirts when we had a month between competitions to get the issue resolved.
Luckily, my daughter doesn't really "sweat" yet, so her uniform does not smell.....at least nobody has told us it does! lol

I found that machine washing never got the odor completely out of any of my kids uniforms. I get the uniform wet, then rub a bar of zote soap all over the uniform and scrub the stains. I then make a paste of Clorox oxi and put it on the arm pits. I let all of that sit for about a half hour, then fill the sink with water and soak the uniform for about 15 minutes. Rinse well, squeeze excess water and then lay the uniform on a towel and roll the towel to get more of the water out. Then lay flat to dry. This has worked the best out of anything else I have done over the years.

I know of some moms who during two day competitions, will wash it in the sink or bathtub (granted they're clean. they have told me they've requested they be cleaned again at times) and hand wash it using a baby laundry detergent or all Free Clear, squeezed/pressed dry between two towels and hung to dry. They say it's always dry by the next day. (mind you it has about at least 10 hours to hang dry)

I know of some moms who during two day competitions, will wash it in the sink or bathtub (granted they're clean. they have told me they've requested they be cleaned again at times) and hand wash it using a baby laundry detergent or all Free Clear, squeezed/pressed dry between two towels and hung to dry. They say it's always dry by the next day. (mind you it has about at least 10 hours to hang dry)

That's commitment.
Suggestion for 2 day comps (so they don't get smelly...) Use pantie liners in the armpits (awkward I know)..... change for day 2.

And if still wet use a hairdryer to finish drying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I turn inside out and wash in the washing machine on the hand wash setting then hang to dry.

I only hand wash in cold water. I also roll in towels after to get most of the water out. Our skirts have dark shorts attached under them so I hang to dry in a way that they do not touch so no color transfers. I do not wash every comp as we have mesh as well as heavy stones and they just don't hold up as well. Pretreat or spot clean stains tide stick always in my bag.

Back