How To Find A Rec Team To Cheer For?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 29, 2014
I want to slow down with things and really think things through before I try and finalize anything. With me only having school cheer experience, (with competition), I feel like I would be more successful with starting a rec team than I would an all star gym.

Any ways, the only problem is, I want this rec team to compete. In order to compete as a rec division, we have to cheer for a recreational sports team. There are not any available in my area. That would mean that I would have to follow all star rules and compete at the all star level.

Any idea on where and how I can find local leagues/rec teams to cheer for so we can qualify in the recreational division of cheer competitions? I can't find any online but that's not to say they're aren't any. I know there's a basketball team and football about 15-20 minutes away, but I really want to find one in my home town so traveling won't be too hard for parents.

Fierce_Elite, just noticed you listed yourself as a choreograher. Is there a program you have worked with that would possibly hire you or help mentor you through some of these things you are hoping to do?

Fierce_Elite, just noticed you listed yourself as a choreograher. Is there a program you have worked with that would possibly hire you or help mentor you through some of these things you are hoping to do?

I don't have any experience teaching just yet. Im good a making up routines and such as that's what we were required to do for captain positions and such. I'm still applying for Hs coaching jobs. I believe I got one right around the corner as I applied for one last week.

I don't have any experience teaching just yet. Im good a making up routines and such as that's what we were required to do for captain positions and such. I'm still applying for Hs coaching jobs. I believe I got one right around the corner as I applied for one last week.
I wasn't asking about you actually coaching since I know not a lot of experience there, I was just wondering if there has been any gyms you choreographed for could help you a bit

I wasn't asking about you actually coaching since I know not a lot of experience there, I was just wondering if there has been any gyms you choreographed for could help you a bit
Oh no. I have only choreographed for family friends. I want to go further then that.

Back