College How To Get Started In Stunt

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

AnotherCheerMom

Cheer Parent
Jul 1, 2016
My CP, age 11, wants to get started in STUNT. She does All Star, but would like to do STUNT in addition. Is this even possible? Are there competitions for STUNT prior to high school? Where/how would one train for this. This would be in Northern California. Any input would much appreciated.

My CP, age 11, wants to get started in STUNT. She does All Star, but would like to do STUNT in addition. Is this even possible? Are there competitions for STUNT prior to high school? Where/how would one train for this. This would be in Northern California. Any input would much appreciated.

Hi there! I’m a former STUNT athlete (and also a northern Californian) Right now, I believe STUNT is only at the high school and college level. If your daughter is interested, I would recommend reaching out to coaches of schools that compete in STUNT. Feel free to PM me with a more specific location and I can point you to the closest schools.
If you’re not near a school that competes it... you’re kind of out of luck. STUNT is pretty much the same skill set that traditional cheerleading has, but had a big emphasis on cleanliness and technique. There is no flash or sass at all. I would encourage your CP to focus on cleanliness and technique in her normal all star practices. But again, feel free to send me a pm if you have any questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there! I’m a former STUNT athlete (and also a northern Californian) Right now, I believe STUNT is only at the high school and college level. If your daughter is interested, I would recommend reaching out to coaches of schools that compete in STUNT. Feel free to PM me with a more specific location and I can point you to the closest schools.
If you’re not near a school that competes it... you’re kind of out of luck. STUNT is pretty much the same skill set that traditional cheerleading has, but had a big emphasis on cleanliness and technique. There is no flash or sass at all. I would encourage your CP to focus on cleanliness and technique in her normal all star practices. But again, feel free to send me a pm if you have any questions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, you pretty much answered my question that it does not exist pre-high school. I do know a high school coach so I will start there.

Thank you!

Back