All-Star How Would You Define Registered Member

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
The threads on the USASF Worlds release made me look back at the release

http://usasf.net.ismmedia.com/ISM2//Worlds/USASF_RELEASE_WAIVER_2012.pdf

All athletes participating on a team at The 2012 Worlds, must be a registered member of that team’s gym during the 2011 – 2012 competition season

Define what it means to be a registered member. I know what the intent is, but often intent is not followed by all. One gym will read it one way and another gym will read it a different way. With the Athlete Registration System still not technically up and in full effect how would you enforce it? How you define registered member also IMO defines how you define who is eligible to be an Alternate:

UPDATED - WORLDS ALTERNATES: Of the 10 possible substitutes, one to three of those 10 may be alternates. Alternates are registered members of the same team’s gym where the bid was received. Alternates do not have to be rostered or in attendance at the Worlds bid qualifying event where the bid was received.

I will throw out my questions after a few posts.Unless someone else brings it up first. :)

ok, so after reading this, let me make sure i'm clear...ANY athlete that has competed with gym 1 MUST get a release to cheer at gym 2 on a worlds team, correct?? What if they are NOT going to cheer on a worlds team? release or no?

exp: athlete on Sr 5 restricted team wants to go be on senior 5 ~ waiver required
athlete on sr 5 restricted wants to go to another gym to be on S5 restrited ~ no waiver? What happens if 2 months down the road, they have the opportunity to move up to worlds team? Do they have to go back and get a waiver? I'm sure they'd have fallen throught the cracks by then.

Also, how long (or soon) do they need to get the waiver? Can they compete with gym 2 at a non-world event, say NCA or Cheersport without a waiver. again, this could easily slip through the cracks if they wait until early april to request the waiver. I guess if the gyms were in closer proximity it might be more 'top of mind', but if the athlete moves cross country....who's to know? Especially if they are not a high profile athlete (or team).

Maybe these questions have been discussed already, but just thinking out loud on my lunch break!!

ok, so after reading this, let me make sure i'm clear...ANY athlete that has competed with gym 1 MUST get a release to cheer at gym 2 on a worlds team, correct?? What if they are NOT going to cheer on a worlds team? release or no?

exp: athlete on Sr 5 restricted team wants to go be on senior 5 ~ waiver required
athlete on sr 5 restricted wants to go to another gym to be on S5 restrited ~ no waiver? What happens if 2 months down the road, they have the opportunity to move up to worlds team? Do they have to go back and get a waiver? I'm sure they'd have fallen throught the cracks by then.

Also, how long (or soon) do they need to get the waiver? Can they compete with gym 2 at a non-world event, say NCA or Cheersport without a waiver. again, this could easily slip through the cracks if they wait until early april to request the waiver. I guess if the gyms were in closer proximity it might be more 'top of mind', but if the athlete moves cross country....who's to know? Especially if they are not a high profile athlete (or team).

Maybe these questions have been discussed already, but just thinking out loud on my lunch break!!
I know you can compete at whatever events you want. For any second gym. But if you wanna step out on that Worlds mat and NOT get your new gym in trouble, you need to have a waiver signed. As for 'slipping through the cracks', the level 5 circuit is VERY small. It would require them NOT being spotted throughout the whole weekend..not seen wearing another teams uniform..I suppose it's doable, but it would require a fair bit of stealth.

I know you can compete at whatever events you want. For any second gym. But if you wanna step out on that Worlds mat and NOT get your new gym in trouble, you need to have a waiver signed. As for 'slipping through the cracks', the level 5 circuit is VERY small. It would require them NOT being spotted throughout the whole weekend..not seen wearing another teams uniform..I suppose it's doable, but it would require a fair bit of stealth.

I've seen some pretty sneaky stuff in my years!! and i don't know....could i identify on site all 36 members of senior elite? world cup? F5? maybe some can, but i surely wouldn't be able to. again, high profile, yes, maddie erica, kelsy....taryn, aj, for sure, others? not so cure. not trying to argue, just playing devil's advocate!

BTW, thanks for answering my questions!!

I've seen some pretty sneaky stuff in my years!! and i don't know....could i identify on site all 36 members of senior elite? world cup? F5? maybe some can, but i surely wouldn't be able to. again, high profile, yes, maddie erica, kelsy....taryn, aj, for sure, others? not so cure. not trying to argue, just playing devil's advocate!

I mean, if it was Podunk Allstars, you might not know. But I'm not just talking about on stage, you gotta walk around with your team..there's warmups, the in-between, waiting, etc. There's a TON of time for you to run into someone..I mean, WE wouldn't be looking, but if you care enough to deny an athlete a release, I imagine you'd take the time to follow up to see where they went.

That is not the point. If I have a gym that has a level 5 team going to worlds and you were on my team at the start of the year and left my team to go to another after November 1st you would need a release from me.

It does not matter if some one else recognizes you or not. It will matter if I the owner of your old program see you on the floor. Just 1 person needs to see you live or on tape.

This is not hard thing to grasp. If you are with a team / gym after November 1 you must have a signed release to compete at worlds for another team or gym. PERIOD.

That is not the point. If I have a gym that has a level 5 team going to worlds and you were on my team at the start of the year and left my team to go to another after November 1st you would need a release from me.

It does not matter if some one else recognizes you or not. It will matter if I the owner of your old program see you on the floor. Just 1 person needs to see you live or on tape.

This is not hard thing to grasp. If you are with a team / gym after November 1 you must have a signed release to compete at worlds for another team or gym. PERIOD.

WOW....chill out dude. you do not need to insult my intelligence to make your point. i GET that you need a release, what i also GET is that integrity and cheer don't always go hand in hand....and i also see that politeness and civility don't either.

WOW....chill out dude. you do not need to insult my intelligence to make your point. i GET that you need a release, what i also GET is that integrity and cheer don't always go hand in hand....and i also see that politeness and civility don't either.

You realize this topic is being discussed to death on no less than 4 different threads? There was no mention to your intelligence was made or insinuated. Just responded to your comment about not being able to recognize all the athletes on teams.

You realize this topic is being discussed to death on no less than 4 different threads? There was no mention to your intelligence was made or insinuated. Just responded to your comment about not being able to recognize all the athletes on teams.

yes, i do realize that, and yes i've read them. i thought this was an opinion board, where you could rationally discuss opinions, ask questions and exchange information. once again, i'm reminded why i rarely post on here. forgive me for not being aware that you are the thread police...

and if you had read my original post, you'll see that it had nothing to do with recognizing athletes, that point was brought up by another poster. my 2 specific questions were 1,) can you compete with team 2 at all other events except worlds, ie nca and cheersport and, is there a time frame in which you must apply for and recieve your waiver. i don't recall seeing the answers to these 2 questions, and i even apoligized if i had missed something and they had in fact been answered....when you start a statement with That is not the point and This is not hard thing to grasp, ending with PERIOD., it sets off little bells in my head that indicate i'm being insulted or some one had their wheaties peed in today.

whatever, have a great day....

I can help answer your question. The USASF has no way to enforce the release. I asked this question and that is how it was answered by someone in the usasf on another thread. Give me a couple of min and I will find it.

I can help answer your question. The USASF has no way to enforce the release. I asked this question and that is how it was answered by someone in the usasf on another thread. Give me a couple of min and I will find it.

yes, i saw your posts in the other thread, thanks. i think i also saw where someone pointed out that it affected a rather small percentage of the cheer population, which while i think it a true statement, that small percent is huge if it's your child or gym (not my situation at all, but again, just curious).

sometimes i feel that the USASF has SO many challenges that need tending to, that it's like throwing darts at the wall and seeing what they stick to. and then a rule (un-enforcable, un-trackable, etc) gets put out there, and everyone's like omg, the usasf are idiots!! But, if your like me and you love this sport and you daughter (or son) love it...then you try and push through all the muck (and nasty people) and try to find the bright(er) side. that said, looking forward to indy this weekend!!

M
Maybe its been discussed to death because its a bad rule for the kids and it it still not being fixed.....just a thought

M
Maybe its been discussed to death because its a bad rule for the kids and it it still not being fixed.....just a thought

I feel the same way about the three or four threads devoted to CEA on the first page almost every week, the who is going to win Large Senior at Worlds threads, the fans of this team are better than the fans of that team or why do we have to sit thru all the at large performances when they don't deserve to be there even though they technically pay for the teams you want to really see be there - yet it is sooooo unfair to pay $10.00 to see the same teams at the Majors threads too but that wont stop them from being posted. They are discussed to death as well for it is a discussion board. I just ignore the threads I am not interested in. Or if I am bored read them and laugh.

Leaving computer now before I get taken away in teal handcuffs.......:help:

yes, i do realize that, and yes i've read them. i thought this was an opinion board, where you could rationally discuss opinions, ask questions and exchange information. once again, i'm reminded why i rarely post on here. forgive me for not being aware that you are the thread police...

and if you had read my original post, you'll see that it had nothing to do with recognizing athletes, that point was brought up by another poster. my 2 specific questions were 1,) can you compete with team 2 at all other events except worlds, ie nca and cheersport and, is there a time frame in which you must apply for and recieve your waiver. i don't recall seeing the answers to these 2 questions, and i even apoligized if i had missed something and they had in fact been answered....when you start a statement with That is not the point and This is not hard thing to grasp, ending with PERIOD., it sets off little bells in my head that indicate i'm being insulted or some one had their wheaties peed in today.

whatever, have a great day....

1. You can compete at any and every event except for Worlds without the waiver.
2. There is no time frame other than before Worlds.

The waiver rule is self enforcing, meaning when the gym that didn't release someone sees that someone compete at Worlds with gym B, gym A will turn them in.

What if you're at Worlds and someone calls you out? Will anything happen? This is getting very interesting. I'm really glad people are having this discussion.

Back