High School Hs Comp. Divisions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 14, 2012
There is a team around my school that is entering at Allstar prep event though they are high school team. Is this allowed?

I dont think there is any rules about that so long as they meet the level requirement they should be fine. Although I do think they cant cheer as the school they have to have a different name, and a coach. They couldn't be like the JBHS Wildcats (John Bowne H.S my old one.) They would have to be like the Aces or something.

They'd have to have a USASF membership so they'd probably need a different name (not their school) and every athlete would have to register

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

They may not be able to depending on your state's high school bi laws. If it's the entire team and same coach I would be confident in saying it's probably not allowed.

Yes they did compete with their regular name there. The coach even had girls signing their own liability forms because she didnt hand them out earlier.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

IDK if they'd be allowed to actually place, let alone use that win to qualify for the state championships.
But I don't see why a high school team couldn't enter an all-star comp toward the beginning of the season just to get the practice.

Back