I Cradle Like A Brick Ughhh

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 7, 2012
so i come down all of a sudden really crappy......like a brick....... i used to do it fine, im not a main flyer im a base, but i will be a low level flyer for some stunts and now i need cradling tips grrrr why do i feel like that!!

grrrrr

Keep all your body parts in their proper position and tight. That's what makes you feel light to the bases because your weight is evenly distributed.

I don't know what your doing with your arms here, but I find that if they're in a high V, try to pull up with them. It really helps get your height.

So when cradling, knees locked out as your bases dip, nice strong butt and core. SNAP the feet together as the bases push up. Your body should stay almost the same only pull UP with your shoulders. At the point of weightlessness REMEMBER TO PIKE.

I really hope this helps, it's hard to describe without seeing you cradle. Just listen to everything your coach says and you should be fine! <3

On the way up, shrug through your shoulders to give you extra height, and this will give you more time to concentrate on your shape. Make sure you catch yourself around your bases shoulders. Try doing some drills where you lie in a cradle position, and hold yourself up without the bases help. This is how you should catch yourself.

When your bases toss you, shrug your shoulders and set for as long as you can ( kind of like in a back tuck) and when you can't get any higher arch your back for a split second (called a banana) then open up your arms and pike so your bases can catch you. Hope I helped:)

Back