I Invented A Stunt And I Don’t Know If It’s Legal.

Discussion in 'High School Cheerleading' started by Sterling von Shimmer, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Sterling von Shimmer

Sterling von Shimmer Last Pass... on International Open 1

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    So I didn’t “invent” it but I arrived at it on my own while trying to find a smoother way to check off the “released transition to extended involving spinning/inversions with 1 bracer” portion of the score sheet.

It’s a variation of the stunt where the flyer and bracer are facing each other, holding hands. The flyer pops and falls back to a flatback tuck, then pops up to extended again.

I guess my question is if you could add a half-spin to that. In my version the flyer would start in an extended flatback tuck position (popped up from a cradle) with her head pointed toward the bracer who would be behind her. She’d reach back to connect to her bracer, then pop up with a lateral half-spin instead of just straight up.

I think??? it’s legal but have not seen another team do it which is always a red flag.

Thanks.

2. dat.jpp

dat.jpp Somewhere... some one.... is giving me a slow clap

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete

Skip to 1:25. Is that what your talking about?

3. Sterling von Shimmer

Sterling von Shimmer Last Pass... on International Open 1

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Turns out Live Oak did something similar in 2017 (2:58).

That’s enough of a go ahead for me.

Do you think you could pull that off with a shared bracer between two flyers or would that be phenomenally hard and not worth it?