OT I Promise This Isn't A Lie Haha..... But I Do Need Advice For This.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Aug 13, 2015
I was in this writing contest and apparently I'm one of the three finalists. I'm either getting first, second or third place; I will not know until Wednesday.
How do I not make a complete fool out of myself at the awards ceremony? I've never been in one before in my life, so I have no idea what to do. This question may be stupid haha but I have anxiety so I drive myself crazy over any little thing.
Any help?

If you truly believe that you cannot handle this spotlight, I highly recommend you send someone in your place with a prepared written speech of thanks and make sure this person mention God first and of course, your parents, by which none of these things would have been possible...Must also teach this person to pump chest with fist and pump same fist toward the sky...

I was in this writing contest and apparently I'm one of the three finalists. I'm either getting first, second or third place; I will not know until Wednesday.
How do I not make a complete fool out of myself at the awards ceremony? I've never been in one before in my life, so I have no idea what to do. This question may be stupid haha but I have anxiety so I drive myself crazy over any little thing.
Any help?

If you have to give a speech , prepare something beforehand so you know what to say and don't feel silly saying it. But I wouldn't expect anything like that for a junior high writing competition. Just have fun, smile, and be thankful! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smile and say "thank you", but I am also going to give you the same advice I have given you before. Talk with a parent or another trusted adult your English teacher school counselor or someone. I love Fierce board as much as the next person but you are young kid and you should be building real connections with real people and asking their advice. The bonus of finding a mentor like that is they are the type of person who will write college recommendation letters and such ..... that won't happen from Fierce board.

If you have to give a speech , prepare something beforehand so you know what to say and don't feel silly saying it. But I wouldn't expect anything like that for a junior high writing competition. Just have fun, smile, and be thankful! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks :) and i don't believe speeches are required, but i'll see...

Smile and say "thank you", but I am also going to give you the same advice I have given you before. Talk with a parent or another trusted adult your English teacher school counselor or someone. I love Fierce board as much as the next person but you are young kid and you should be building real connections with real people and asking their advice. The bonus of finding a mentor like that is they are the type of person who will write college recommendation letters and such ..... that won't happen from Fierce board.
I know maybe my teacher could give me advice, but the officials of the contest didn't really give out such details as to what exactly will be occurring during the ceremony, like whether or not we have to read our writing aloud or even if they will give the prizes Wednesday.

Back