All-Star Iasf???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'd think that these standard divisions would be to make things consistent for cheer in the Olympics, right? I can't imagine that it will be in the next few years though. USASF backpedaled so fast on changing senior minimum age from 10-11 and then back to 10 again that I can't imagine them accepting 14 years as the minimum for a senior team anytime soon.

I don't even know how many times I've said this over the last year, but USASF/IASF/allstar cheer will NOT be in the olympics. ICU/collegiate style cheer WILL be in the olympics. So whatever USASF/IASF/Varsity does as far as divisions, age grids, uniforms etc goes, will not affect the olympics or cheer in the olympics.

Love the addition of open level 3... I would really succeed so well on a team like that seeing as I aged out only at level 2!

I don't even know how many times I've said this over the last year, but USASF/IASF/allstar cheer will NOT be in the olympics. ICU/collegiate style cheer WILL be in the olympics. So whatever USASF/IASF/Varsity does as far as divisions, age grids, uniforms etc goes, will not affect the olympics or cheer in the olympics.

What article/writing says this as a fact? Where do you get your sources that tell you in no way is all star cheerleading going to be taken into any consideration for cheerleading in the olympics? I’m just curious. I’d like to read up on all this information!

Love the addition of open level 3... I would really succeed so well on a team like that seeing as I aged out only at level 2!

Open 1 and 2 have seemed to be a thing in the UK for some time now at local competitions. However, the inclusion of Open 3 as a legitimate competition division is exciting. I left cheer as a level 3 athlete and as the system of cheering at university is different in the UK - I've transferred to the University Level 2 category - I may finally be able to go back to Allstar in the level I love to compete most.

If this comes to be in the USA I think you’ll see J5 back in a big big way.

I’m a fan but I don’t know howncanada would implements this for this year. We all have teams made on the USASF grid

Curious to see how this would affect worlds teams...
If we're thinking teams in the U.S would be following the USASF rules for 'local' competitions and international teams are going to be following the IASF rules for their local competitions...then do we have a large conflict around worlds time with teams having to make changes...?

Or do we have fun at each U.S competition for all international divisions having to follow IASF rules and all other divisions following USASF rules.

Very interested to see how this plays out.

There are open non-tumbling levels. I would looove it if there were an open non-tumbling team around here. I'm dying waiting for our parent team to actually happen.

These divisions will kill small gyms left and right and will lead to only a few big(ish) gyms, since almost all divisions have a minimum number of 16 team members to compete.

Right now, for non-US teams I'd guess that the minority of the teams (and that is a very generous estimate) have 16 team members.

I'm super confused by this. What is this supposed to be for? Is that supposed to be for the international Teams?Because i am fairly sure this will not make its way to Europe, we are steadily moving towards ICU more and more. Open competitions might adapt some of these divisons, but i really don't see anyone actually bringing the non-tumbling divisions
I am not 100% on this but i think other than the UK no other country is using the USASf/IASF rules or age grids over here

When are these rules actually meant to be implemented? What are they for? and as Emily said, a minimum of 16 would be far too challenging for small regional gyms all over including me.

What article/writing says this as a fact? Where do you get your sources that tell you in no way is all star cheerleading going to be taken into any consideration for cheerleading in the olympics? I’m just curious. I’d like to read up on all this information!

I mean it's ICU pushing the whole thing, applying to the IOC, being members of WADA and what not. If USASF wants to apply then there's nothing stopping them I guess. But as of now, it's ICU who's wanting to get in, not USASF. And I then assume it would be ICU divisions and rules, not USASF. It also wouldn't make musch sense to take allstar, as that's only fully developed in the US and Canada. As stated, not many other countries use USASF rules/divisions/age grids. Sweden is one of the closest to the US system, and we're still pretty far off. Most European countries goes by ICU divisions, with intermediate/advanced/elite/premier, not levels. So by making allstar and not ICU part of the olympics, that would eliminate just about everyone but the US and Canada.

The USASF backed down about just raising all non world senior teams to age 12. For that reason, I don't see them having any interest in these rules. In the end they care about making money. They would make less money with these rules.

These divisions will kill small gyms left and right and will lead to only a few big(ish) gyms, since almost all divisions have a minimum number of 16 team members to compete.

Right now, for non-US teams I'd guess that the minority of the teams (and that is a very generous estimate) have 16 team members.

I may be way off, but isn't that where gyms could use the non-tumble divisions to help them grow? My thought process is, if a new gym opens and has 24 athletes ranging in tumbling from levels 1-4 they could choose a NT division to compete in while they develop their tumble base. NT divisions would also, help define levels based on all skills. Right now, if a level 5 athletes blocks, the coach opinion (not a rule or level definition) ranges from putting them on level 1 or 2 to leaving them on level 5. When you place a higher level athlete (I'm referring to the majority of skills) on a lower level team, you are tainting that division IMO. I'm not saying it's a perfect world, but I think NT divisions could really help cheer clearly define levels, increase integrity, and help gyms of every size maintain athletes. I believe 4.2 is in place to help gym owners keep the JV HS, blocking high level, injured, or multi-year slow or non-progressing athletes, but NT could actually be a better way to bridge athletes working on skills without stress.

Ok, so I have a question. If you remove tumbling from cheer leading isn't that just dance? oh wait the stunting so hard 8 count "Acro" which is still considered a form of DANCE? Also, this "small" gym discussion can go on and on and on. I mean I read some where on this board something about XS (extra small) divisions I think the minimum was what at least 5 on a team/mat? It can't get any smaller than that. The age grid that is starting to make the term "fetus" flyer (which I do not like BTW) more relevant in this sport each day keeps dipping or with an "exception" of some kind and now a Non Tumbling division. Wow it seems to me that there are a lot of tweaks and accommodations already being made to be sure that "small" gyms are included. Also, maybe more gyms should funnel these athletes into their All Star Prep program where the tumbling is not as intense and they can still work on building skills. Or how about instead of a non tumbling division they just allow more difficult stunting in All Star Prep?

Back