All-Star Iasf???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I do find it really interesting that they created so many non-tumbling divisions when they are saying that standing tumbling & sync tumbling is what makes our sport "unique" from the gymanstics and acro world. I do wonder if that is where the minimum of 16 comes in to play... sync'ing 8 kids isn't quite the same visual effect as teams of 16+

I do find it really interesting that they created so many non-tumbling divisions when they are saying that standing tumbling & sync tumbling is what makes our sport "unique" from the gymanstics and acro world. I do wonder if that is where the minimum of 16 comes in to play... sync'ing 8 kids isn't quite the same visual effect as teams of 16+

I think it's easier to see the logic if you look at it from an International perspective and where cheer isn't as popular. If you look at a team such as Bangkok, they have tumbling skill levels all over the board, but their stunting is phenomenal. In countries or US areas where the AS coaching talent pool is limited, I would think it would be much easier to attract and maintain athletes with non tumble divisions. Obviously I have no idea, but I wonder what would have happened to Bangkok if they didn't allow them to compete until everyone's tumbling was at the same level as their stunting.

Back