All-Star Ideas For Team Bonding For Ages 9-14???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We did the heart beads too.

Something else I did that went a long ways towards team bonding was good luck cards for our competitors. Each competition, I chose a team we were going against and made a card stock card that said good luck and had all of the kids sign it. We then gave the card and a pack of heart beads to the team in warm ups. One of the teams we did this for was HotCheer. Our team was in first place after day one in Atlanta. The HotCheer girls were at practice Sunday and they made a good luck video for our girls and posted it on Facebook. Our team was able to watch it in warm ups and it really pumped them up. I feel like becoming closer to other teams bonded them further and opened the door to new friendships.

another aweseome idea to build friendships between gyms! Way to go!!!

Sorry for totally hijacking your thread, but does anyone have idea for ages 5-11?

A lot of those you can still do - our minis do the sleepover, pool party.

Another idea for all age groups ice skating - which takes girls who are used to having great balance and throws them for a loop - but they all seem to enjoy it

While most All-stars don't like to do sideline cheer - you could find a local charity race (maybe one that even ties to some of the families at the gym) and have the girls cheer and hand out water - our help out for a day at Special Olympics. They could make blankets for Project Linus (even 5 you can do this). They could adopt a family and shop for them for Christmas or Thanksgiving food basket. Doing a service project is a great way for the team to make a difference and have time to bond.

Our team last year did a 2 night retreat at a retreat house. It was perfect. Private with indoor pool and nice pond. We did many team bonding games/activites where they had to work together...slip and slide bannana race.....scavanger hunt, duct tape fashion show...Hawaiian themed cookout where they were going to dress and eat in decorated gazebo(but it rained so that was sort of a bust)....made homemade iceream in zip locks...relay races...swimming(of course)..they ate meals together..just chilled out and talked. We split the girls into 4 or 5 groups and had them come up with name and they worked as teams. Wanted to do again this year....but the new team is a mix of older and younger and the older ones (girls/mothers) decided they didn't want to do it so I had to cancel it. Oh well it is a great idea I think. The girls seemed to have a great time last year. I think time like this is so important. Sometimes they need time to have fun and get to know each other/bond.

Back