OT If You Could Move Anywhere In The Us - Where Would You Go?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
im hoping we move in the next 5 to 10 years. Considering we just got married and want kids really bad, as much as id love to move to a different part of florida its unrealistic. The schools in the county we live in are some of the best in the state, so thinking future wise the most i can hope for is if we move farther from the burbs' and more into a calmer more country-ish setting. If i could convince my husband to move to chuluota, fl i would.

The Destin area is actually where we were looking at heading. We lived about 30 minutes from Destin when we were stationed at Eglin AFB.

Traffic in actual Destin is a total nightmare any season other than dead-of-winter, lol. My parents live a block off the water in Niceville, just off the bridge. It's nice but dang---the humidity. Bluewater Bay is nice and there's definitely cheer around! Good luck!!!

Traffic in actual Destin is a total nightmare any season other than dead-of-winter, lol. My parents live a block off the water in Niceville, just off the bridge. It's nice but dang---the humidity. Bluewater Bay is nice and there's definitely cheer around! Good luck!!!
Traffic in that entire area is nuts, but I agree, Destin traffic stinks. Again, another reason I'd rather head over toward Navarre. :)

If everyone's ok with it, I'd like to add a little weekend cottage in Sonoma or Napa for obvious reasons.
raw

Catalina Island/Avalon, CA. I haven't changed this as my Facebook header since I took it almost two years ago. I've always wanted to live in southern California. I used to play California by Phantom Planet over and over the second my parents got home from work to inspire them to move but in case no one else was feeling it, I also sent boarding school pamphlets to our house addressed to them :rolleyes:
10873599_10203114122154243_176944099009216469_o.jpg
Love love love Catalina! I went there every summer with my best friends family when we were growing up. It's awesome that so many of the locals get around on golf carts. Such a beautiful island! Ugh you've made me miss it now! Lol

Love love love Catalina! I went there every summer with my best friends family when we were growing up. It's awesome that so many of the locals get around on golf carts. Such a beautiful island! Ugh you've made me miss it now! Lol
It reminded me of pictures I've seen of Greece with like houses all in the cliffs. I'm going to California in August and I'm definitely going to include a day trip to Catalina! I've only been to Avalon so I definitely want to go see Two Harbors.

It reminded me of pictures I've seen of Greece with like houses all in the cliffs. I'm going to California in August and I'm definitely going to include a day trip to Catalina! I've only been to Avalon so I definitely want to go see Two Harbors.

Catalina is pretty, but there really isn't much to do. Avalon is a cute little town with a few restaurants, a couple shops and a some places to stay. There is a really cool zip lining tour, mini golf and some tours on the water. When I went a couple years ago, we pretty much did everything in 3 days. We didn't get to go to other parts of the island though. Its a fun place to visit, but I think living there would be challenging.

My cousin informed me last week that her new destination to live is Vermont. She raved on and on about it.

I'm so ready to move! My entire day yesterday was looking at real estate and touring new places. Every area I'm looking at (even where I currently live) is just so outrageous! My out of state short list in no order is...
  1. Georgia (Specifically Atlanta/Buckhead/Marietta area)
  2. Southern California (La Jolla and Laguna areas are my favorites)
  3. South Carolina (Charleston area and Isle of Palms is all I've ever been to, but I loved it)
My two main things are warmer areas within a somewhat close range to a coast. NYC was my dream for so long, but I decided I just cannot deal with the cold!

My cousin informed me last week that her new destination to live is Vermont. She raved on and on about it.

I'm so ready to move! My entire day yesterday was looking at real estate and touring new places. Every area I'm looking at (even where I currently live) is just so outrageous! My out of state short list in no order is...
  1. Georgia (Specifically Atlanta/Buckhead/Marietta area)
  2. Southern California (La Jolla and Laguna areas are my favorites)
  3. South Carolina (Charleston area and Isle of Palms is all I've ever been to, but I loved it)
My two main things are warmer areas within a somewhat close range to a coast. NYC was my dream for so long, but I decided I just cannot deal with the cold!

i like atlanta my parents live in kennesaw, but i couldnt live there strictly due to the outrageous traffic, atlanta gets some of the worst traffic congestion ive ever seen. Be ready to drop some serious money if you want to live in Buckhead......

My cousin informed me last week that her new destination to live is Vermont.
Fun fact: Vermont is one of the only (if not the only ) state that does not have a single all star cheer program.

Fun fact: Vermont is one of the only (if not the only ) state that does not have a single all star cheer program.
:eek: Such a place exists?

Or maybe she knows that and just doesn't want her daughter to cheer.

i like atlanta my parents live in kennesaw, but i couldnt live there strictly due to the outrageous traffic, atlanta gets some of the worst traffic congestion ive ever seen. Be ready to drop some serious money if you want to live in Buckhead......
That's the problem, everywhere I like is extremely expensive. Charleston is probably the cheapest, even though it still isn't. Luckily traffic doesn't bother me. There has to be a magically awesome place that isn't outrageously expensive, I just haven't found it yet!

Vermont is wicked fun to visit, but I couldn't fathom living there. Sooooo many issues with that state.

Back