All-Star Illegal Athlete

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
Now I am sure that there is a thread about this somewhere but I tried using the search bar and couldn't find what I was looking for.

Okay so I believe it has been said on here that at the 2011 Worlds there was a team who was caught with an "illegal" athlete, one who should not have been on the mat, and they were told they could not get a bid in the same division for the following worlds. Is there an actual rule somewhere on the USASF website that says this? I know that the crossover rule says no bid the following season.

I ask this because if you have seen my posts over the past 24 hours in the Random thread you know that I have found an issue with an International team from the past 2 years at worlds. I have contacted the USASF asking about it but have not received an answer yet but I wanted either some clarification from people on here or just opinions on it because it is bugging me.

The team I am talking about is the FTG Bullets from Germany (no need to hide it since I was asking about it in the Random thread). If you are an avid Youtube watcher then you may know of the Youtuber who is on this team. She is 16 and competed on their IOC6 team at worlds the past 2 seasons. Now I know that according to the rules since she turns 17 this year she was not an illegal athlete at worlds in 2012, BUT she would have been an illegal athlete last year.
Now someone posted in the Random thread that FTG was disqualified in 2011 for underage athletes, but from what I know they were still awarded 4th place. Now here is my question or issue, if they were caught with an underage athlete in 2011 then why were they allowed to earn a bid in 2012 at all or even in the same division?

Does anyone have a link to a rule that has the punishment for something like this?
I really hope that this thread makes sense because I am running on very little sleep.

Page 16 of the Worlds Registration Packet

USASF.NET

The Behavior Compliance form addresses ineligible athletes.

Not sure how I missed that :oops:

I am hoping to receive an email back tomorrow because this has really just got me flustered. According to that rule the team that placed 10th this year in IOC6 should not have been allowed to compete at worlds had they been disqualified in 2011.

Is there a proper procedure for "turning someone in" to the USASF? I received a message from a BATC judge telling me to contact Les Stella....is the procedure outlined anywhere? Email? Phone call? Copy anyone else on any messages?

Is there a proper procedure for "turning someone in" to the USASF? I received a message from a BATC judge telling me to contact Les Stella....is the procedure outlined anywhere? Email? Phone call? Copy anyone else on any messages?

ACEDAD kindly pointed me to [email protected]
He is really good at getting back to you quickly. He replied to my first email I sent today in a few hours.

Are you talking about maybabytumbler?

Yes. She is a sweet girl, but if she was underage in 2011 then herself and her team shouldn't have been at worlds in 2012.

I'm not sure if this is the case here, but I know that international teams can sometimes apply for an exception because ICU rules are different from IASF. Don't ask me why, and I don't agree with it, but it can happen.

I have to think there are many illegal CPs at Worlds young and old. As I walked around I could not help but notice some of the flyers seemed to be so young. I kept asking myself, "Do you think she is 12". It happens in all sports and is impossible to stop. They need to come down hard on teams that get caught. Keep that whole gym from competing the following year.

Isn't this Laneys dad old team when they lived in germany?

I thought they were at Wildcheer or something like that.

Whew, you every think about doing detective work ztaprincess ??? You are on it!!!!!
My 5 years of doing research paper after research paper has probably helped. I really wouldn't have thought much about it had I not watched her video of her worlds experience from this year. I got to thinking, wait a minute she is on a level 6 team and I know she isn't 17. If this were a US team people probably would have called it out right away, but since it is an international team most people don't know the age of athletes, had she not been a youtuber I never would have known.
Plus I know that the USASF likes there to be actual proof when claims like this are made so I want to make sure I get all that I can.

Back