All-Star I'm Going To Cheat

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 13, 2009
After having my own issues with gyms throughout Florida cheating at competitions they attended locally and nationally where nothing was done and reading up on so many instances here where EP's have turned a blind eye or said their hands were tied I just decided...I'm going to cheat this season...I'm going to take every boy on my Open 4 squad all of whom are awesome but not well known in cheerleading and put them all on my senior team...I'll have 10+ stunts in the air, amazing tumbling and all I have do is easily falsify a few documents and provide them when asked...I can make a mockery of several big name EP's, the prestige they claim and our governing body as a whole...

Now the real question...

When is someone going to take the measures to stop me? And if you stop me what are you going to do about everyone else you let slide through the cracks?

Annnnnnnnnnd...Go!

I'm on my phone so I won't go into great detail, but I tried to get Justin in on this in the punishment thread... I just think its time the USASF fields a TRUE ethics and discipline committee. There is plenty to work on. I don't think coaches with personal agendas can be expected to do this fairly. I understand they cannot pay for this right now, but it needs to happen.

I honestly think stuff like this happens. It needs to be stopped.
It happens all.the.time. Until the governing body gets out of bed with the EP/apparel/wesellanythingcheerrelatedwecanmakemoneyon aka Varisty, it will continue to happen. With the USASF/Varsity affair, there is too much money to be lost by following the rules.
Back to the original question, no one is going to bother to stop you, because even when you are reported and caught, USASF looks the other way or grabs a broom, finds a rug and starts sweeping. I can't wait to see that Open 4/Youth 2 team - they ought to put on a heck of a show!

I'm of the personal mindset that penalizing gyms caught cheating might created some awkward moments and hurt your business in the short term, but the long term gain in confidence from the rest of your 99.9 customers easily offsets that awkwardness. At NCA,we have no problem investigating claims of ineligibiilty or giving a customer a deduction because we know those are the right things to do.

But that doesn't mean we like it. And please understand, it's a big step to take to declare a gym/program/customer has cheated. And not because we might lose that gym's registration fees in the short term (I'm so tired of everyone saying it's all about the $$), but because with that declaration comes the knowledge that I am responsible for job, business, livelihood and career for a gym owner.

There has only been one case, to my knowledge, where my gut knew the program blatantly cheated, but as a company that believes in the process and scope of authority, we couldn't do anything but find the accused party 'not guilty' of cheating (I did just say 'not guilty' as opposed to 'innocent.'). There are only so many things an Event Producer can do to verify eligibility short of strip searching the athletes.

We can only ask for appropriate documentation so many times and after having met our requests so many times, there is no choice acknowledge that the accused have gone above and beyond to satisfy our requests. I know we are viewed at as the ones who need to find out the truth--we aren't private investigators, we aren't attorneys, and our backgrounds and expertise doesn't support our taking on such an investigative role.

That's why the USASF Athlete Identification program is going to be so valuable. It's standardized, its regulated, and above all else, it's verified by birth certificates and parent's authorization/signature, a signature that was signed by the parent well before they have a motivation to lie about their daughter's age.

There has only been one case, to my knowledge, where my gut knew the program blatantly cheated, but as a company that believes in the process and scope of authority, we couldn't do anything but find the accused party 'not guilty' of cheating (I did just say 'not guilty' as opposed to 'innocent.'). There are only so many things an Event Producer can do to verify eligibility short of strip searching the athletes.

I'm pretty sure NCA was where a lot of this went down last year.

If I had any influence at all in the industry I would be doing everything in my power to change this and make stricter consequences. (along with the other problems I would want to fix). I however am an athlete still in high school. One day guys, one day.

It does happen alot and even when documentation is given, its overlooked. Happened 2 years ago with a gym varsity has "interest" or "ownership" in at a varsity event, nothing was done. (it was NOT NCA)

ETA: Not in anyway making an accusation. Birthdate was provided from athletes own family.

Drkilluzionz you're from a large, well known program with a lot of teams that bring a lot of money to EPs. Therefore the "measures to stop you" consist of $1000 fine and legions of your followers defending you to the ends of the earth. Surely that will put an end to your evil ways, no?

What's sad is that even though I'm being facetious, I'm not. :(

Drkilluzionz you're from a large, well known program with a lot of teams that bring a lot of money to EPs. Therefore the "measures to stop you" consist of $1000 fine and legions of your followers defending you to the ends of the earth. Surely that will put an end to your evil ways, no?

What's sad is that even though I'm being facetious, I'm not. :(

Just want to make note that I never defending anyone to the ends of the earth. What happened was wrong. What we did was wrong. There's no denying that.

I took issue with the rumor, gossip and innuendo in regards to her personal life, family, etc being used.

Nice to see you Just-a-Mom, and I hope your girls are doing well!!! Won't be back to this thread again. Give me a wave in another thread!!!

Back