OT In The Restaurant Biz??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Feb 3, 2011
i am just so livid because tonight i had a couple walk into my restaurant (mine as in mine, not just a place where i work) and after being extremely rude to me because they did not see anything they liked on the menu, proceed to tell me "good luck paying your bills this month with a menu like this."

why do people think it is okay to treat other people like crap when they are trying to serve you! yes i was their server tonight, but yes, i also own this place (which they did not know) but what gives them the right to talk down to me and continue to tell me that clearly the owner doesn't want to "make it" with the menu that we have! it really makes me mad! (and yes, we are a successful place)!

Some people are just rude. Maybe their parents didn't treat them respect when they were little. Good thing that you have a successful business to make you feel better! Keep your head up.

I can see where they are coming from, cause I'm a picky eater, but there's always SOMETHING. You can always ask for substitutes or have something cooked differently. Normally they restaurant doesn't care! But them saying that you wouldn't be able to pay your bills is BEYOND rude! Like obviously there are other people eating your food and like your menu. Sorry the world doesn't revolve around them

It would take all I have not to throw something at them! I used to work in cellular phone sales at a major carrier as one of my past endeavors and I can't tell you how many times people cussed at me, yelled at me and insulted me. It got to the point where I was automatically defensive with people as soon as they walked in the door. But that experience has made me a much better customer than most. Also, I used to wait tables, and I always say that EVERYONE needs to do it for at least a month. Not an easy job by any means!

I wouldn't worry about it. Sure, it was beyond rude but who has the successful restaurant? Not them ;) What restaurant is it, btw?

Back