All-Star Industry Photographer Arrested For Child Indecency

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

He took so many photos of some of the top cheer athletes and for cheer companies! The girl that was assaulted, her mom is fame crazy and lives this through her daughter. It's such a sad sad situation. Other parents had complained about him being inappropriate in the past, some companies refusing to use him because of this.

ughhh so many of the huge CA cheerlebs used him/advertised for him even recently since they've all moved on, meaning he has A LOT of business... hope there aren't any other victims and that this victim gets all the help she needs to heal.

I know this happens, sadly, in all youth sports and not just cheer, but it feels like it's becoming worse in cheer lately. (or maybe just shared more easily to the masses on social media?) either way, stay safe out there and if something seems off always trust your gut.

There is a photographer who contacts my daughter multiple times a year asking to have a shoot with her for no cost. At first I was inclined to take him up on the offer because hey, free photos. But something just didn't sit well with me. I decided to quietly observe him instead and later decided that he is officially creepy.

You just never know about people. I hate that this happened to this young lady.

Last edited:
A local-to-me, very creepy, low-cost photographer has a "low-risk" reputation. The moms I know who use his photo services each accompany their kids on the shoot & claim he'd never do anything inappropriate. That's fine, but I think the lack of a threat to do physical harm is only part of the equation.

Why give some random guy w/a camera access to your child and all of her images for his personal use?? Just bc you think he wouldn't physically touch her isn't enough! Allowing him to throw paint on pre-teens & teens, get their t-shirts, cheer uniforms & formal dresses soaking wet as if it's some bizarre wet t-shirt contest fantasy he seems to be obsessed with??? It's my opinion he's taking these pictures for a reason & it has nothing to do with cheer photography :eek:

This most recent incident is a sad reminder to always pay attention to & trust your intuition, never leave a minor unaccompanied, and don't get sucked into "he's famous & everyone else works with him" nonsense.

These situations are months in the making and these criminals work extremely hard so their victims will trust them as anyone would trust a very good friend. While the bed situation seems like an obvious flag to all of us as it was reported, these situations when told in detail usually work more like "he told us we could have the bed and he said he would take the floor". Then the story progresses from there with the person complaining or playing to get themselves "innocently" into the situation they want. These women and kids are not idiots, they are victims of criminals that know "trust" can make anyone second guess "intuition". My youngest went to a tutor who was arrested and while she was not one of his victims, he was a well known and liked teacher. I hung out close by while he tutored her, but he specifically met his kids at public places as to not raise any suspicion. The victims he preyed on drove themselves and after he had their trust, he suggested meeting at a more "quiet" place, then began complimenting them, then sat next to them instead of across from them, then text them asking about how homework was going, then life in general....they work in baby steps and this can happen to anyone.

There is a photographer who contacts my daughter multiple times a year asking to have a shoot with her for no cost. At first I was inclined to take him up on the offer because hey, free photos. But something just didn't sit well with me. I decided to quietly observe him instead and later decided that he is officially creepy.

You just never know about people. I hate that this happened to this young lady.
Omg which one was it?

A local-to-me, very creepy, low-cost photographer has a "low-risk" reputation. The moms I know who use his photo services each accompany their kids on the shoot & claim he'd never do anything inappropriate. That's fine, but I think the lack of a threat to do physical harm is only part of the equation.

Why give some random guy w/a camera access to your child and all of her images for his personal use?? Just bc you think he wouldn't physically touch her isn't enough! Allowing him to throw paint on pre-teens & teens, get their t-shirts, cheer uniforms & formal dresses soaking wet as if it's some bizarre wet t-shirt contest fantasy he seems to be obsessed with??? It's my opinion he's taking these pictures for a reason & it has nothing to do with cheer photography :eek:

This most recent incident is a sad reminder to always pay attention to & trust your intuition, never leave a minor unaccompanied, and don't get sucked into "he's famous & everyone else works with him" nonsense.
There was a photog a couple years ago that had charged against him in one state. It came out that in his past he had charges in another state. Mommas all said, no he would never with my daughter.... He is still out there taking pics of momma' s daughters. Ugh. I know we are supposed to go by the adage "innocent until proven guilty" but in the case of child molestation, I prefer to go by "where there's smoke, there's fire. " Why take chances with your child? Why do some still take their kids to these people?

Question: Who hires the photographers that take pics at competitions?

My kids get photographed during their routine, so it's not like there is a lot of parental choice as to who is doing the photographing... I hope that there is some sort of background check done before photographers are hired for comps...yes?

Back