All-Star Injury

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 3, 2010
Last saturday i landed on my neck during a tumble pass with my whole body weight landing down on top of me. Went to a&e and got x-rays and they are all clear. I have some nerve damage and from my C2 downwards is out of place.

I want do know if this has happened to anyone before and how long it took them to recover?
I'm attending physio and chiropractor but treatment hasn't been aloud to start because i've been to inflamed but hopefully starts tomorrow.

I'm competing at ICU Worlds and leaving in 6 weeks time and i also have 3 competitions from now till then. One on saturday that i can't do, next one in 3 weeks then in 5 weeks time.

Thanks! xxx

Last saturday i landed on my neck during a tumble pass with my whole body weight landing down on top of me. Went to a&e and got x-rays and they are all clear. I have some nerve damage and from my C2 downwards is out of place.
I want do know if this has happened to anyone before and how long it took them to recover?
I'm attending physio and chiropractor but treatment hasn't been aloud to start because i've been to inflamed but hopefully starts tomorrow.

I'm competing at ICU Worlds and leaving in 6 weeks time and i also have 3 competitions from now till then. One on saturday that i can't do, next one in 3 weeks then in 5 weeks time.

Thanks! xxx

Dear, you really need to make sure you don't do anything without a doctor's release.

Nothing anyone on this board can provide you would do much good.

Your health is much more important than any competitions over the next several months.

i agree with acedad. a neck/back injury is much more serious and unpredictable than a sprained ankle or a jammed finger. ask your doctor and follow all of his instructions completely. you only have one neck and spine and it's got to last the rest of your life.

i hope you feel better.

Dear, you really need to make sure you don't do anything without a doctor's release.

Nothing anyone on this board can provide you would do much good.

Your health is much more important than any competitions over the next several months.

There are not enough shimmies in the world for this. If you wait for the doctor's clearance, yes, you could miss ICU this year. But you could possibly cheer again. If you choose to compete anyway, you run the risk of worsening the injury, and never cheering again. There is NO competition worth that. Please do not do anything without a doctor's ok.

Thank you for all the comments and don't worry i'm not doing anything until i have the all clear :)

Great news i may be back sooner than what everyone expected!! :D neck was realigned last night and soft tissue work starts next week. Chiropractor is extremely pleased with the progress and said i should be back ready to compete for worlds!! So happy :D

don't over do it, even though your pain feels better you still have damage, you can end up with chronic pain for the rest of your life, I've had it since I was a small child and it's not fun.

take care

Back