All-Star Instagram Problem Re: Cheerlebrity Fanfic

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 31, 2011
So I follow a couple anon cheer pages on Instagram. Recently one (cheerleader_nation01) has started writing a Fanfic about a bunch of the "cheerlebrities" namely Carly, Matt, Maison, Peyton, and Jamie (sorry I don't know their last names.) I would be fine with this except for the content of the Fanfic. I have screenshotted some of the problem ones below.
If you don't feel like reading them, a quick summary of the content includes Carly and Matt sleeping together and Peyton potentially getting pregnant after sleeping with another guy on the team.

Is this a common thing? Am I over reacting? I just feel like being all these people are (I think) minors, it's very inappropriate to insinuate things like that

I've seen a few. They're no where near as inappropriate as that one. Although it's weird.

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board

I know people do this for tv shows and movies but the only other time I have heard of it for cheer is when someone posted one about that instagram famous girl Elena or whatever that cheers. Still I thinks it really creepy that they are making up these stories about underage kids.

I feel awful for them. Especially not knowing how they feel about those sorts of things. It's completely inappropriate. These aren't celebrities or fictional characters, they're teenage kids.

The worst part is there's no way to report things as inappropriate on Instagram. You can flag it as spam, but what does that really do?

The lack of understanding around personal boundaries and general appropriateness that this "fanfiction" displays is seriously alarming. The parents of this person and all teenagers need to be aware that this craziness happens all over the internet and be clear about the fact that it is not okay. Unfortunately this is probably written by another minor who truly doesn't understand that it's wrong, which to me is even more scary and the root of the problem.

ETA: Further, is there someone who can contact the parents of the subjects of this story and make them aware that it exists? They have the right to take action to ensure that it is taken down for good.

My husband is a detective who works crimes against children so he is quite familiar with the things that go on in social media. Ugh - he is in a training class right now or I would show this to him and ask what, if anything, can be done to stop this.

I've sen people post about cheer fanfics but I never read one... Cuz that's creepy. Even a G rated "fanfic" is extremely creepy. These are real people, not fictional characters. And they're minors. It's one thing to write a Harry potter fan fic (and even those can get creepy) and another to write one about real people. NOT OKAY. There must be a way to stop this.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Back