All-Star Instagram Problem Re: Cheerlebrity Fanfic

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

but most fan fiction authors also write their own completely original stuff, and fan fiction is more of a fun break.

Exactly, I used to write fanfics for the Clique, using the characters but my plots and character traits, until I realized that I loved creating my OWN characters. And I outgrew that outlet.

Fanfiction to me was just a way to continue a story in between books and episodes. Writing about normal teenagers that go to school, and will graduate and go to college and get jobs like normal people is WEIRD! That's playing with a complete strangers personal life and it's creepy.

Exactly, I used to write fanfics for the Clique, using the characters but my plots and character traits, until I realized that I loved creating my OWN characters. And I outgrew that outlet.

Fanfiction to me was just a way to continue a story in between books and episodes. Writing about normal teenagers that go to school, and will graduate and go to college and get jobs like normal people is WEIRD! That's playing with a complete strangers personal life and it's creepy.

TBH.. I used to write about the clique too lol. I actually made one with new characters. Then again that was before I actually knew about proper grammar. It's never okay to write about real people especially in the manner they were.

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board

Honestly no, I never would have thought of anything like this, I didn't even know people wrote Fanfics about real people. That's why I was so startled and creeped out when I read it. I've predicted a lot of things for these kids, magazine covers, endorsements, products (posters, bows etc), being bothered for photographs and autographs, even being crazily pursued/stalked by "fangirls" the same way Justin Bieber or 1D are.

But no, this one never really crossed my mind.

I feel like people don't do this for other famous athletes. Like I don't get the impression there were/are creepy fanfics about Shawn or Nastia, or even other famous kids like the Kardashians, 1D, other TV/movie stars. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've never encountered this phenom before, writing fictional stories about real people, as if you ARE them.

Oh yes, it exists for them as well. I have encountered it in my novel research. Its disgusts me.
I want to point out something that I am not sure has been mentioned yet (i am only on page 2) Libel is written. And that is what they are doing. Real person fiction isn't fiction, its basically what the enquirer and star etc do on a weekly basis. So they can be sued for those.
I took the liberty of point those I found on watt pad towards here and told them bluntly that using real people as main characters opens yourself to libel.
In my novel I have to take great pains to avoid any sense of inpropriety if I mention a real person. So I share your outrage because it makes everyone unhappy.

coincidently, today i came across Amazon's new "Kindle Worlds"

Announcing Kindle Worlds

you can now publish and charge people to read your fanfic for the shows Amazon has a license for (Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars, and Vampire Diaries) i don't like this. it's not completely plagiarism, but it still feels like plagiarism. fan fiction is not an original idea.

and the fan fiction mentioned in this thread is creepy.

Um once the actual content owners allow fanfic to be accepted it ceases to be in violation of copyright law (which is what all fanfic actually is. A derivative work of fiction). Thats actually a good thing. However, the industry as a whole hates the idea.

Honestly no, I never would have thought of anything like this, I didn't even know people wrote Fanfics about real people. That's why I was so startled and creeped out when I read it. I've predicted a lot of things for these kids, magazine covers, endorsements, products (posters, bows etc), being bothered for photographs and autographs, even being crazily pursued/stalked by "fangirls" the same way Justin Bieber or 1D are.

But no, this one never really crossed my mind.

I feel like people don't do this for other famous athletes. Like I don't get the impression there were/are creepy fanfics about Shawn or Nastia, or even other famous kids like the Kardashians, 1D, other TV/movie stars. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've never encountered this phenom before, writing fictional stories about real people, as if you ARE them.

Haha, there is tons of creepy gymnastics fanfiction out there on Tumblr. And a lot about Olympic swimmers too. And even more 1D fanfiction. I don't get writing it about real people either. It's just really weird to me.

She is working at a gym in Chicago... Awkwarddddd....

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Which one? That book spread like wildfire in this area and she is not viewed favorably by any of the coaches I know. Whoever hired her must be out of the loop.

i did look at her resume Facebook page and it looks like the book is going to be featured in some cheer magazine in Atlanta I think? Someone must not have read the book before making a decision...

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I tweeted these last night... I never knew how many of these accounts there actually were. I know some people said they were going to report all of them, not sure if they actually went through with it though. But if you're feeling ambitious and want to report, here ya go:View attachment 249View attachment 250

brb barfing.

This is actually pretty creepy and I actually read one--all 12 "chapters"
Not only was it boring to read, it was just all together just bad. And people are commenting "more more more!!"

Did i miss something? Did "stupid and boring" become the new "excitment"?

My 8 year old cp recently was sent some cheer "fanfic" by her 10 year old cheer bff when I got wind of this material I called the bff's mom and we sat our girls down and explained why this was not ok and why this could be harmful. My cp started to get upset and cry cause she says she did not mean to and she just thinks these cheerleaders are "way awesome and super good tumblers". It is a sad situation to be in when an 8 year old who is not on instagram but is on facebook gets these stories sent to her and is not quite sure what is going on or feels like after it is explained to her that she did wrong.

I am at a loss cause she is 8 and thinks that pretty much any cheerleader who is a better tumbler then her could be a cheerlebrity.

brb barfing.

This is actually pretty creepy and I actually read one--all 12 "chapters"
Not only was it boring to read, it was just all together just bad. And people are commenting "more more more!!"

Did i miss something? Did "stupid and boring" become the new "excitment"?
Right?! These stories are not even close to being well written. I wrote longer, better, and more exciting stories (no fanfics, I promise) when I was in 3rd grade.

Go look at @ca_fanfictions on Instagram. Her first story has many cheerlebs sleeping together multiple times. Her latest story has Carly being anorexic. And she has the story where Jamie's mom stabs her. This is just wrong she needs stopped she has many inappropriate stories.

Back