All-Star Instagram Problem Re: Cheerlebrity Fanfic

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The hard part is Instagram's reporting system is flawed at best, so reporting these stories and accounts has been very difficult

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
which doesnt make ANY sense since instagram is run by the same people as facebook.. facebook is soo good with reports and take them seriously. on instagram i feel like they don't even check them once a year..

Ive seen a few. There was only one that i thought was okay and i actually enjoyed reading, it was made up characters talking about their experiences trying out for a new team and making Top Gun Large Coed. But, This one however is completley inapropriate

These kids are under 18. They should probably contact Instagram to have the accounts taken down. If Instagram is unresponsive, their parents should probably look into some legal action. These kids are MINORS. It makes me sick to even think about.

These kids are under 18. They should probably contact Instagram to have the accounts taken down. If Instagram is unresponsive, their parents should probably look into some legal action. These kids are MINORS. It makes me sick to even think about.

I agree. Like i don't mind these fanfics (sometimes), its just that they use minor's name. Besides the fact that some of them are just horrible stories, MAKE. UP. A. CHARACTER. Don't use REAL people.

Ive seen a few. There was only one that i thought was okay and i actually enjoyed reading, it was made up characters talking about their experiences trying out for a new team and making Top Gun Large Coed. But, This one however is completley inapropriate
See this I have no problem with at all.
Made up characters in real life situations as opposed to real life characters in made up situations.

Honestly? Fanfics are everywhere, some much more inappropriate than this. It's a par if being a celebrity or a "cheerlebrity." If this is being written, it's probably just for the purpose of having a dramatic story to keep people reading, no harm meant. If you don't like it, don't read it..

Honestly? Fanfics are everywhere, some much more inappropriate than this. It's a par if being a celebrity or a "cheerlebrity." If this is being written, it's probably just for the purpose of having a dramatic story to keep people reading, no harm meant. If you don't like it, don't read it..

I think the problem is that these are minors. Most of these stories are very inappropriate. I have no problem with true fanfiction (ie. Harry Potter) that use fictional characters, but these are real life kids. If you wanted to make a dramatic story, use your own characters. There's no need to use "cheerlebrities". That's just asking for a problem IMO.

I think the problem is that these are minors. Most of these stories are very inappropriate. I have no problem with true fanfiction (ie. Harry Potter) that use fictional characters, but these are real life kids. If you wanted to make a dramatic story, use your own characters. There's no need to use "cheerlebrities". That's just asking for a problem IMO.
True. But people also use young actors and actresses, singers, and models, too. Not that I agree with it, but it's out of anyone's control.

True. But people also use young actors and actresses, singers, and models, too. Not that I agree with it, but it's out of anyone's control.

I have to disagree with that. You don't have to read it, and you can report if its seen. There is absolutely no reason to use real minors in a story. (I hope it doesn't seem like I'm attacking you!! I just think it's really wrong that this is even a problem.)

I have to disagree with that. You don't have to read it, and you can report if its seen. There is absolutely no reason to use real minors in a story. (I hope it doesn't seem like I'm attacking you!! I just think it's really wrong that this is even a problem.)
No no, I know. That's what I meant in my first post about this. Just don't read and ignore it if you don't like this. I'm sure the people written about can handle it on their own.

would you like to read a story about yourself and your mom being killed or you being raped? because that's what some of these stories are. they're about normal kids who happen to cheer just like you. that's not "no harm meant" to me. that's like some sick and twisted little individuals writing these stories. and all it takes is one crazy to see someone one of these stories is about and act on what they've read. it may sound far fetched but some people actually are just crazy.

if i were the mother of any of these kids i would pursue legal action.

would you like to read a story about yourself and your mom being killed or you being raped? because that's what some of these stories are. they're about normal kids who happen to cheer just like you. that's not "no harm meant" to me. that's like some sick and twisted little individuals writing these stories. and all it takes is one crazy to see someone one of these stories is about and act on what they've read. it may sound far fetched but some people actually are just crazy.

if i were the mother of any of these kids i would pursue legal action.

Find another thread to talk in........MsT

I personally just wouldn't pay attention to it. And as for my mom, maybe I would like to because she's one of my biggest enemies, but that's besides the point. All I'm saying is to stop worrying about it. As I said before, i'm sure the people legitimately involved can deal with it on their own.

Back