All-Star Instructions On How To Do A Full Basket!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
Hey guys! I need some help. My sister just called me and said her college team wants to try to do a full basket with her tonight. Her coaches really dont have a clue what they are doing and no one on her squad has ever done one before. Shes doing it on a strong group of guys who shes done tuck-x out tosses with but shes never done a full or double full tosses. Shes done fulls in tumbling so she knows how to twist, shes just never done one in a basket. So, she asked if I could ask on here to see if anyone had any advice on doing a full in a toss. Thanks!

Just realized I spelled instructions wrong ...whoops!
frown.png

Hey guys! I need some help. My sister just called me and said her college team wants to try to do a full basket with her tonight. Her coaches really dont have a clue what they are doing and no one on her squad has ever done one before. Shes doing it on a strong group of guys who shes done tuck-x out tosses with but shes never done a full or double full tosses. Shes done fulls in tumbling so she knows how to twist, shes just never done one in a basket. So, she asked if I could ask on here to see if anyone had any advice on doing a full in a toss. Thanks!

Just realized I spelled instructions wrong ...whoops! :(

If her coaches don't know what they're doing - it's probably not the best idea for her to do it. But if she's going to do it anyway, at least she knows how to do it tumbling, tell her to wait, and not try and full right off the basket. And make sure there are lots of spots!

Find a pit or indoor pool. Or bring in an expert.

Baskets are one of those things that scare me when people try off just watching.

OMG! My heart dropped to my stomach when I read this. Basket tosses should not be "tried" without proper coaching/instruction/knowledge. Please ask your sister to not do this without proper precautions being taken.

Thats exactly my reaction when she told me her coach wanted her to try them! I laughed and said your joking right? I told her NOT to do them so hopefully she'll listen

I agree that there is absolutely no way this basket should be done if the coaches don't know what they're doing. I mean, really, why do some coaches think it's okay to try a skill that they don't know how to teach?

I would also recommend not to just ,,try'' a full basket
We have been practising fulls with a longe , i know most facilities do not have this but i also recommend doing layouts before starting to do fulls
Well if she is still going to do it she needs to make sure to ride all the way up! Tumbling should help her with initating the full, we learned that the over-head rotation has to be initiated first before starting to twist
But i'm really really not recommending to try those tosses without proper knowledge or saftey regulations

Latest posts

Back