All-Star Interesting..,,

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Would just like to point out that it's not pole dancing as you would typically think of it. Also it's only been granted "observer-status" as a sport and is allowed to apply for sport related funding etc, however it has to be officially recognised by the IOC to become an "olympic" sport - cheerleading has been recognised provisionally so it is already a step closer than pole sports. I do both. Both are equally worthy of sporting status.

Would just like to point out that it's not pole dancing as you would typically think of it. Also it's only been granted "observer-status" as a sport and is allowed to apply for sport related funding etc, however it has to be officially recognised by the IOC to become an "olympic" sport - cheerleading has been recognised provisionally so it is already a step closer than pole sports. I do both. Both are equally worthy of sporting status.
Agree the stuff some ladies do when pole dancing is insane!

Honestly I've always wanted to ty that and I'd love to see it become an Olympic sport. It's gymnatics with a different apparatus. I'd love to see aerial silks become an Olympic sport, too. Basically anything cirque-like.
Thank you for saying this :) Like cheerleading, pole sport is judged by appearance and by stereotypes but it can be so much more. I've been going to pole fitness classes for two and a half years and I absolutely love it. It's so challenging and definitely a great way to improve your fitness and flexibility.

How about "Vertical Bar Gymnastics"? Lol, nothing says horrible mom better than, "I'm sorry I can't work next friday, my 6 year old has a pole dancing competition in Vegas."

From what I've read, seems like "pole dancing" is broken down into three categories: Pole fitness/sport, pole artistic, and exotic pole dancing. All three are impressive in their own way, only one includes stilettos.

Also, I don't think I'd have any issues with letting my hypothetical six year old practice pole fitness/sport.

From what I've read, seems like "pole dancing" is broken down into three categories: Pole fitness/sport, pole artistic, and exotic pole dancing. All three are impressive in their own way, only one includes stilettos.

Also, I don't think I'd have any issues with letting my hypothetical six year old practice pole fitness/sport.
Gotta start them young in order to get them ready for the Olympics.

I find it fascinating and impressive from an athletic standpoint. My comment was meant to be funny, but joking aside, I really would have a much easier time putting my kids in something called "Vertical Bar Gymnastics." If for only one reason, putting my kids in something named "pole" anything would pretty much guarantee non stop lectures on the evils of Asherah worship at any and all extended family functions from that day forward.

I find it fascinating and impressive from an athletic standpoint. My comment was meant to be funny, but joking aside, I really would have a much easier time putting my kids in something called "Vertical Bar Gymnastics." If for only one reason, putting my kids in something named "pole" anything would pretty much guarantee non stop lectures on the evils of Asherah worship at any and all extended family functions from that day forward.

Why yes, I would love to hear all you have to say about my lord and savior, Asherah :D

I missed the sarcasm at first but see it now. I get it. It's annoying to have to change the name of something for people to understand what it is and to not hear whatever misguided opinion they have about the thing you love. I know that's something everyone in the cheer world can relate to and after a while you just start to not care.

Gotta start them young in order to get them ready for when the economy fails again, they lose their job, and they need something to fall back on immediately to make good money and come out on top when the market bounces back.

FTFY. If anything, you're only helping your 6 year old prepare for the future by enrolling them in pole classes. After 13 years of cheer, I can't say that my skills have the same rate of return for the time invested as if I trained pole-anything.... ;)

But isn't it fun to piss off family at every given turn? No, just me then.

FWIW, I thought your comment was hysterical.

Back