International 4.2 at Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Also, all the numbers listed ( 5 countries, 4.2, even 17+) are adjustable to this model. I understand no one wants to make an easy peasy division at worlds that just anyone can win, but it would NOT be a true worlds division. It would be the international division. The one where China can go and do their routine to karate chops and what have you and compete against other teams and might possibly win with their karate chops.

You would make Open divisions SO much harder to win. So much more prestigious. Gotta give a little to take a little, ya know?

I kind of support your International 4.2 division. We might as well allow the option, instead of flooding the Int 5 and 6 divisions with teams that don't have a chance in hell. And really, we are already catering to the International teams by only allowing Top 3 from every country. I think it should be Top 10 scores or whatever it may be, across the board. I'd say changing that and making a 4.2 division would make the international divisions much more competitive, no matter where you're from.

I think of it as the lesser of two evils.

Would I rather have compromised altered specifically changed for other countries Open 5 & 6?

OR

What Open 5 & 6 should be with an I 4.2 to make other countries happy, come, and compete at worlds?

I think of it as the lesser of two evils.

Would I rather have compromised altered specifically changed for other countries Open 5 & 6?

OR

What Open 5 & 6 should be with an I 4.2 to make other countries happy, come, and compete at worlds?

You wrote so much before that I have no idea what this means.

Im not going to lie, I would love the idea of stunt routines. Maybe not at worlds, but I know our tumbling is not up to par with GT, so it would be nice to showcase what we are decent at.

Can I also throw out to make Open 5 & 6 have a limit of 20 people. Why? Then for colleges to take their same routine and enter it at Worlds (or a bid giving event) they wouldn't have to make any adjustments to their routine numbers wise. (no finding or kicking off people).

More colleges participating at Worlds... wouldn't that be a good thing?

Can I also throw out to make Open 5 & 6 have a limit of 20 people. Why? Then for colleges to take their same routine and enter it at Worlds (or a bid giving event) they wouldn't have to make any adjustments to their routine numbers wise. (no finding or kicking off people).

More colleges participating at Worlds... wouldn't that be a good thing?

I wouldn't mind only having 20 people on our open team. (Perhaps a solid 20 that always pay their bills.... But thats another story) However, I dont know that I like the college idea. Why cant they be part of an all star team as well if they really want to compete at worlds?
Right now, the idea is just not sitting well in my head.

I wouldn't mind only having 20 people on our open team. (Perhaps a solid 20 that always pay their bills.... But thats another story) However, I dont know that I like the college idea. Why cant they be part of an all star team as well if they really want to compete at worlds?
Right now, the idea is just not sitting well in my head.

colleges only compete once a year. in general open teams have NO competition (I5 maybe at cheersport and nca) until worlds. It be nice if there were about a few competitions with more than 1 or 2 competitors.

and would give a reason for colleges and allstar gyms to work closer together. ever notice the winners at NCA have a strong allstar background or allegiance? lets encourage it.

Very true. I didnt give it much thought, but Ill say thats because it was early. I am always the one complaining that we are only competiting against one team here or there. I feel like Southern and South Western Colleges would have the advantage here.

People also need to remember, cheerleading is not as developed as every other sport out there.

Also. Our world championships are different. Look at the #s for each

How many elite gymnasts are there in the world? A few hundred?
How many elite cheerleaders are there in the world? At least 10,000.

How long has gymnastics been around? 100s of years in essence
Cheerleading? >100
Competitive cheer? >30

How do you get competitive in gymnastics? Hardwork and dedication by one person.
How do you become competitive in cheer? Find 23 other people. And a coach and try to get everyone on the same level.

Cheer and gymnastics are drastically different
Our sport is relatively young. We can't draw parallels to any other sports. And that's the issue we have for every aspect of cheer. We want to compare it to things, but we can't.

That being said. Since it is a NEW sport. We need to treat it as such. Things need to be worked on to create longevity for all involved.
Stop just saying its all about the US. Were the leaders and need to pave the way for all.

Plus. The majority of you could care less about international I feel. Most people are there for the US club teams. So why do you care if there's a 4.2 division when it won't impact you.

They can put it in indiana jones and you'll never even know it happened

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

ok...im sorry but i dont see why anyone would want to make a 4,2 team at worlds.... worlds is supposed to be best of the best not best of the rest....

Its fine to have a differing opinion, but you need to read all the other posts first in the thread first. Especially in this forum.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Actually, I will take the blame for this. This area is supposed to be closed off until you have got a few posts under your belt. It is a bit too advanced for someone who just started posting. Fixing it now.

as much as i hate 4.2, it makes more sense in the international aspect. as much as the international participation is high, i think there would be even more teams willing to compete if they knew they had more of a chance. at the same time, some teams might not want to compete at that level, would international teams still be able to compete level 5? cant they choose to compete in the non international divisions? i could have sworn there was a team from germany in sm sr 2 years ago.

I4.2 is just for Int teams, but the int teams could still compete in club AND open divisions. IN fact there coudl be a mixture. Some in i4.2, and some in club (like small senior) and open (like open coed 6). Up to 5 teams total can compete at worlds from one country before you are not allowed to compete in 4.2. this way only developing countries with few gyms and teams would be able to take advantage of I4.2

Back