International Teams At Worlds 2011

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

IASF is not in favour of us bringing our teams (5 this year) and only having one team represent us... their pushing for us to have a tryout and combine our talent... and not to toot our own horn too much, but we could put together a very good team australia... BUT! were all to pre occupied getting our All Star IOC5 routines together and not willing to sacrifice the practice time for ICU

Worlds will be the first time all 5 of our level 5's have been in same comp and same division. we all want to be the best team in Aus haha...

who knows one team might still try and do it...

Isn't the whole purpose of having the ICU competition to be a true representation of the country. How can one club represent the entire country and who decided on that club to be Australia's representation. Totally unfair to other countries that try-out athletes from all over the country and then try & train together and pull off a routine. Australia should be disqualified

Isn't the whole purpose of having the ICU competition to be a true representation of the country. How can one club represent the entire country and who decided on that club to be Australia's representation. Totally unfair to other countries that try-out athletes from all over the country and then try & train together and pull off a routine. Australia should be disqualified

I don't see how this would give Australia an unfair advantage over other countries, if anything it disadvantages them because they don't have as wide a talent pool. Also I think most of the cheerleaders on for example Team USA do not compete at IASF worlds as well because they are college cheerleaders whose competitive season has ended, I'm assuming the Australian cheerleaders would so they would be under more pressure. Other countries do this - in England one organisation (which no one likes) is in control of which athletes go, they just chose the team that won their level 6 all girl division, maybe this happened for the Australian team?

I don't see how this would give Australia an unfair advantage over other countries, if anything it disadvantages them because they don't have as wide a talent pool. Also I think most of the cheerleaders on for example Team USA do not compete at IASF worlds as well because they are college cheerleaders whose competitive season has ended, I'm assuming the Australian cheerleaders would so they would be under more pressure. Other countries do this - in England one organisation (which no one likes) is in control of which athletes go, they just chose the team that won their level 6 all girl division, maybe this happened for the Australian team?
We are able to have try outs to combine our talent pool... but a couple of the more decent programs opted out of that, and two of the other programs live on the other side of the country... it would be like trying to combine world cup and california all stars.... a logistical practice nightmare.. in the past ICU austrlia has only been one program, purely because no one else was putting out a level 5, our last ICU australia was a bit of combined talent, but they started practicing a mouth prior to leaving which many people did not like the idea of....

hopefully in future we can set aside differences and put out some amazing icu routines.

TEAM CANADA is an amalgam of athletes from all over Canada - this season, its coast to coast AND Canada is the 2nd largest country in the world, so its doable. Programs, (all star or otherwise) have to put aside their differences and release their athletes in order to allow their countries to be best represented at the ICU Championships. I do think that countries that have an allstar team represent them do have an advantage - true their talent pool is smaller - BUT they get to practice all year and perform multiple times. True National teams have very limited time to practice (in Canada's situation its literally 3.5 days), that is it. This season we have 16 athletes on Team Canada from PCT and I know that this experience will make them better. They will work with the best Canada has to offer (coaches and athletes) and ultimately, this experience will make our teams better. There is an adage that says: "If you want to be incrementally better: be competitive. If you want to be exponentially better: be cooperative." This is a perfect example.

Congrats Team Canada on being a true representation of your Country. iCU is running an event to encourage growth in International Teams pity countries like Australia can't work together. Too many politics and trumpet blowing in my opinion. good luck to the true ICU teams

In Ireland...in August 2010...we held national tryouts for cheerleaders from any program, whether they were registered with our national organisation or not. Everyone has the same entitlement. Now because our country is relatively new to cheer...our talent pool is very limited so we don't often get enough interest. This year we have a co-ed team entering level 5. There are 19 members. The team is made up from cheerleaders from Northern/West and East Ireland and we have had them travel each weekend since August all over the country - Galway/Dublin/Donegal/Belfast...being a small country it would only be like 4 hours to one side of the county...unless you were from the South!
Our issue would be trying to get a team together next year...because the Worlds trip probably wouldn't be affordable for the cheerleaders year after year...! So national teams are a tough one...but it does open opportunities for your members...to try something new, learn from other squads and generally make new friendships.

CDC! I knew I'd forgotten a team!

Idk about Aberdeen, I heard they got a bid but maybe someone assumed they had one because of them going before when they don't have one?

I'm pretty sure RSD got a dance bid at ScotCheer but I don't know what it was for :/ I think they always do well in Pom so it might be for that.

CDCaren't goingto worlds this year, I know that for a fact. Unforunately :(

who do you cheer for ?

Cheer Valley - Senior level 2 (we're coed but jamfest doesn't split all girl and coed at level 2). I think we're bringing junior coed 3 as well. What teams is Rockstar bringing?

ETA: I thought this was a reply to a different post by you, sorry!

Cheer Valley - Senior level 2 (we're coed but jamfest doesn't split all girl and coed at level 2). I think we're bringing junior coed 3 as well. What teams is Rockstar bringing?

ETA: I thought this was a reply to a different post by you, sorry!

We're bringing :

AllGirl Senior 4
AllGirl Junior 2
Coed Senior Stunt Group
Senior Jazz (coed)
Junior Hip Hop
Junior Pom

Back