All-Star International Teams At Worlds 2013

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 2, 2010
So, here over the pond bids work a little differently. Bids are earned in the season before the worlds you compete in. Our season has just finished and so have a list of teams from the UK with bids. (The general consensus is that most teams will be taking them but will have to confirm at a later date).

Gold Star Galaxy (IOAG5) [PP]
Surrey Starlets Amethyst (IOAG5)
Rising Stars Ellipse (IOAG5)
Ascension Eagles Legacy (IOC5) [PP]
DC49 (IOC5)
Coventry Dynamite (IOC5) [PP]
Aviator Allstars F35 Lightning (IOAG6)
Unity Allstars Black (IOC6) [PP]
This is the most I think the UK has ever awarded, and the first time Coed & All Girl 5 have had 3 teams with bids. The Dance bid list is just as long, I will post when I know their divisions.
Anyway, I was wondering if any other international teams have bids in the same way for 2013?

Germany:
Senior Coed:
FTG Bullets (IOC 6)
Senior Allgirl:
Dolphins Allstars (probably IO 6, but I´m not sure)
Junior Allgirl:
Loony Dolphins
Junior Coed:
FTG Pumas

The teams won their bids at ECC. :)

That's very interesting, that the Worlds bids for the following season are earned the season before...I should tag this as "Things Fierce Board Taught Me".
So if someone new makes a team with a World's bid, they know where they will be heading in April!

So, here over the pond bids work a little differently. Bids are earned in the season before the worlds you compete in. Our season has just finished and so have a list of teams from the UK with bids. (The general consensus is that most teams will be taking them but will have to confirm at a later date).

Gold Star Galaxy (IOAG5) [PP]

Surrey Starlets Amethyst (IOAG5)

Rising Stars Ellipse (IOAG5)

Ascension Eagles Legacy (IOC5) [PP]

DC49 (IOC5)

Coventry Dynamite (IOC5) [PP]

Aviator Allstars F35 Lightning (IOAG6)
Unity Allstars Black (IOC6) [PP]
This is the most I think the UK has ever awarded, and the first time Coed & All Girl 5 have had 3 teams with bids. The Dance bid list is just as long, I will post when I know their divisions.
Anyway, I was wondering if any other international teams have bids in the same way for 2013?

So how does it work? You'll be in the middle of next year's season at worlds next year, so does the worlds team keep practicing seperately? Or does next year's team get to use their bid?

I love Unity, it's great to see an international team be really competitive in that division.

Germany:
Senior Coed:
FTG Bullets (IOC 6)
Senior Allgirl:
Junior Allgirl:
Loony Dolphins
Junior Coed:
FTG Pumas

LOONIESSSSSS!!!

So how does it work? You'll be in the middle of next year's season at worlds next year, so does the worlds team keep practicing seperately? Or does next year's team get to use their bid?
Not sure about the UK, but in Australia we get bids in late October/November. A few teams prepare to earn a bid and go to worlds the following April so do their fundraising in advance. Most accept the bid and defer it for a year - so win a bid in November 2011 and go to worlds 2013. Some then have tryouts, so the bid is won for the gym, not the team roster. For the most part, rosters remain predominantly the same because it's IOC/IO5 and coaches try their best to make sure everyone who won the bid has every opportunity to make the mat.

In the UK one bid competition is in March (so a month before worlds which is too short of a time to fundraise), or after worlds in June/July, so teams win bids for the following season. Usually teams at worlds have some of the same members from the bid winning team, but because they win bids at the end of the season, there is obviously some changes in the team because people move away to go to university, new people try out, etc.

I love Unity, it's great to see an international team be really competitive in that division.
I'll use the bids for 2013 for an example.
This year there were 3 main national competitions in which teams can earn bids in the UK; ICC, Future Cheer & BCA.
ICC was the end of March 2012, awarding bids to AEC, Gold Star & Surrey Starlets for 2013.
Worlds was end of April 2012; the teams there had earned their bids in the 2010/2011 season.
Future Cheer was end of June, awarding bids to Unity Black, RS Ellipse, & DC49.
BCA was last weekend, awarding bids to Cov Dynamite & Aviator Allstars.

Tryouts now happen over the summer. All teams will compete at worlds 2013 with their NEW 2012/13 team and compete at national competitions to earn bids for worlds 2014. Due to the time taken to organise travelling so far, accommodation etc. it is necessary to do it this way. Unfortunately, it does mean that some people on a team who earn the bid do not get to use it due to moving away for university and other reasons.

Unity were great this year. And I can say that all the teams that have bids are very deserving of them and will definitely hold their own in their divisions.

In Germany the Teams don't change a lot from season to season, we do not have Tryouts like the US Teams do. Of course people come and go but mostly only a few , so the Team pretty much stays the same for the next season.

Germany:
Senior Coed:
FTG Bullets (IOC 6)
Senior Allgirl:
Junior Allgirl:
Loony Dolphins
Junior Coed:
FTG Pumas

So is senior over there like open and junior is like senior? Or am I reading that wrong?

im confused about the "junior" teams.. since jrs. cant compete at worlds anymore im assuming that theyre not what the U.S. considers as a junior team? (14 and under)

So is senior over there like open and junior is like senior? Or am I reading that wrong?
Junior Age here is 11-16. Senior is 14- til you aren't able to cheer anymore. So you could cheer til your 99. For levels we only have junior level 4, but they are allowed to throw fulls and they can do kick double Baskets. :)

Junior age is at some competitions 11-18. And you could level 6 pyramids, level 5 baskets and level 5 tumbling (but only fulls)

Back