Is An Inflatable Air Track A Good Christmas Gift?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 27, 2019
My daughter is 7 years old, a very energetic girl. I want to give her a special Christmas gift. I plan to give her a yoga mat, but I afraid it is too thin to protect her.
How to select an inflatable air track? : Imesbean
This article introduces the inflatable air track, maybe it is a good choice. But I don't know what width, length and thickness I should select.
The inflatable air track is not for professional training. Is an inflatable air track with 3.3 width, 10ft length, and 4in thickness OK for a girl?

I saw a link posted in the newbie section and almost deleted it because at first I thought it was spam. I am so glad I didn’t make that mistake. Sorry, I don’t have any advice on the air track, but welcome to fierceboard.

I saw a link posted in the newbie section and almost deleted it because at first I thought it was spam. I am so glad I didn’t make that mistake. Sorry, I don’t have any advice on the air track, but welcome to fierceboard.
Never mind and thank you :)

That size is ok for practicing standing tumbling but not really running, although you can connect it to a gym mat. We got ours on eBay and the quality is fine. Have had it for a couple of years. Daughter (11) uses it to practice standing tucks now sometimes, used to do back handsprings. But to be honest she has never used it that much.

That size is ok for practicing standing tumbling but not really running, although you can connect it to a gym mat. We got ours on eBay and the quality is fine. Have had it for a couple of years. Daughter (11) uses it to practice standing tucks now sometimes, used to do back handsprings. But to be honest she has never used it that much.
Great, thank you very much;)

Honestly, you're kid will love it, but as a coach, I hate them. I see more injuries with kids tumbling on them at home, and I find their technique tends to eventually go downhill as they just keep throwing and chucking new (and old) skills, and without the drills and proper coaching to go with it, they tend to get into bad habits. Which often lead to mental blocks or more tumbling classes/privates to fix

Honestly, you're kid will love it, but as a coach, I hate them. I see more injuries with kids tumbling on them at home, and I find their technique tends to eventually go downhill as they just keep throwing and chucking new (and old) skills, and without the drills and proper coaching to go with it, they tend to get into bad habits. Which often lead to mental blocks or more tumbling classes/privates to fix
Thanks for your professional suggestion. If she loves it, maybe we will consider a professional coach. Thank you so much!

Back