All-Star Is Cea Over?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I mean, should these things be reported to USASF? Of course. But it has become MORE than clear that nothing will be done about it, especially for big name gyms and coaches. Hell, I still watch another owner that was supposed to be “banned” acting like it never even happened. Zero consequences, ever.

Slam her sure, but honestly blasting Twitter probably got more results than reporting to USASF.

I think the Twitter rant got more immediate attention from the anons, yes. But nobody with any power to change anything for CEA — parents, USAF, etc. — is going to make any decisions based on this girl’s Twitter rant. She’s basically ensured she’ll get written off as a stunt queen and the behavior she’s alleging, if true, will continue.

There were about a million better, more efficient ways to go about this.

In conclusion: I’M UNCOMFORTABLE. I think it’s safe to assume that the environment in that gym can be toxic, but also it’s never responsible to just blindly accept Twitter drama. So I’m just not sure what she expects anyone to do with this.

Instead of writing all this on Twitter where absolutely nothing will be done (it will just cause drama and give the Anons the entertainment they crave), how about call the police and file a police report. Where are the parents to 1) contact the police and 2) get their kids the therapy they need to heal from this trauma so that they don't have to turn to Twitter to cope.

If your kid had an office chair thrown at her, or was raped, or was drugged, or had her credit card number stolen by a teammate, or whatever other insane things are being discussed, call the police instead of expecting coaches, USASF, or Twitter to handle all of your problems. Kids are probably not doing drugs, drinking, engaging in inappropriate relationships, etc, at cheer practice, so again, where are the parents??

Last edited:
I think the Twitter rant got more immediate attention from the anons, yes. But nobody with any power to change anything for CEA — parents, USAF, etc. — is going to make any decisions based on this girl’s Twitter rant. She’s basically ensured she’ll get written off as a stunt queen and the behavior she’s alleging, if true, will continue.

In conclusion: I’M UNCOMFORTABLE. I think it’s safe to assume that the environment in that gym can be toxic, but also it’s never responsible to just blindly accept Twitter drama. So I’m just not sure what she expects anyone to do with this.

Twitter is absolutely not the place for it. A police station, definitely yes. A lawyers office, sure. But using Twitter is as effective as writing it on the bathroom wall.

i mean we do now live in the world of cancel culture, so while yes getting the actually authorities involved would have been better and more wise. I think there are a lot of people out there that get just as much equal satisfaction turning to the internet. And in these days im unfortunately not surprised that people turn to the internet to air their dirty laundry, no matter how dirty it might be. Im 50/50 on it tbh, i think cancel culture can be absolutely appalling if its for something thats very petty and from years ago, but at the same time some people are horrible and deserve to be called out..

I mean, should these things be reported to USASF? Of course. But it has become MORE than clear that nothing will be done about it, especially for big name gyms and coaches. Hell, I still watch another owner that was supposed to be “banned” acting like it never even happened. Zero consequences, ever.

Slam her sure, but honestly blasting Twitter probably got more results than reporting to USASF.

Beatles won worlds the year after a video came out of the owner/coach drinking and doing drugs with athletes. USASF doesn’t care about kids they care about cheerleading.

More students have started speaking up. I've posted them on this thread. I think you're focusing on just the one girl who started the conversation. It's seems to have taken on a life of its own. But it's actually becoming a real "me too." for former cheerleaders.

If even one of these claims are true, it's one heinous crime too many.

Last edited:
Don't be so sure about that. Kids will find a way, even with parents present.

True. But parents can still monitor their kids better than USASF can. Children need to first and foremost be protected by their own parents. The USASF is a cheerleading organization, they can't babysit everyone's kid and keep track of what they're all doing during non-competition hours. They're not sitting on Twitter looking at all these teenage tweets and trying to make heads or tails of them. If someone has knowledge of all this criminal activity, a cheerleading company is probably not the first place you should turn to for help. And I agree with whoever said that using Twitter is about as effective as writing it on a bathroom wall. Most of the people liking the tweets about this are just there for the tea. The more scandalous the story, the longer they sit on the app.

In Texas, Life skills rooms have to have video cameras that record at all times. If there is ever suspicion or an accusation of abuse, the local police authorities can access the videos. Obviously, abuse is taking place outside of practice/gym time, but for gyms that could afford this, it might be one way to protect themselves and athletes.
CEA Raleigh does have cameras that cover every space except bathrooms. Athletes are not allowed in bathrooms more than 1 at a time. There’s windows all on the front of the gym and we can log in and see what the cameras see at any time. There was always 100% open door policy until covid so they made adjustments like giving parents access to cameras. I can’t speak on what happens outside of practice I would never allow my child to be in half this situations these kids say they are in but it’s not happening in the gym.

CEA Raleigh does have cameras that cover every space except bathrooms. Athletes are not allowed in bathrooms more than 1 at a time. There’s windows all on the front of the gym and we can log in and see what the cameras see at any time. There was always 100% open door policy until covid so they made adjustments like giving parents access to cameras.

That's impressive. CSP should be making that well known to the general public.

Thats another misconception. CSP has nothing to do with CEA Raleigh. We share a name and they are sisters but the gyms do not intermingle. I have no knowledge what goes on at their gym. A lot of the allegations being made are directed at her gym. But Gianna is from our gym. It’s all a mess. A lot of stressed out athletes, you can’t defend the place you love because your trying to silence “victims”. I’ve been in a toxic gym and didn’t realize it was toxic until going to CEA. People keep asking what’s going on at your gym, and absolutely nothing kids are practicing and filming for NCA. Sad situation.

I do not know much about CEA and I try to avoid Twitter. I am sorry.

More students have started speaking up. I've posted them on this thread. I think you're focusing on just the one girl who started the conversation. It's seems to have taken on a life of its own. But it's actually becoming a real "me too." for former cheerleaders.

If even one of these claims are true, it's one heinous crime too many.

It’s true that a lot of kids are piping up, but most of what they’re alleging is that they also felt mistreated by their coach (got yelled at, felt embarrassed about it, etc.). Which isn’t a crime.

The kids who are alleging the more serious allegations need to go to USAF or the police, if necessary. But that doesn’t seem to be a priority for a lot of them, and I can’t figure out why.

It’s true that a lot of kids are piping up, but most of what they’re alleging is that they also felt mistreated by their coach (got yelled at, felt embarrassed about it, etc.). Which isn’t a crime.

The kids who are alleging the more serious allegations need to go to USAF or the police, if necessary. But that doesn’t seem to be a priority for a lot of them, and I can’t figure out why.
Theres a big difference between being yelled at and verbal abuse. Im glad you've never experienced verbal abuse. But please don't confuse the two for those that have.

Back