Is It Possible To Move Up Two Levels For Next Season?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think you'll be able. But it won't be easy. You need to do lots of conditioning, spend a lot of time in the gym, and do whatever your coach tells you to do. Set some goals for yourself. Say that you want to master your back handspring by February, get your tuck by June, get your layout by September. Don't get caught up in your goals though. Take it step by step, and get in the gym as much as possible.

It is possible. Although i don't tumble anymore, and never got any tumbling skills that i could be proud of, coaching kids i see two types of girls:

The naturally talented ones that learn really fast, can fix problems (take corrections) in one practise and move on with their tumbling skills.

And there are the girls that have big problems with tumbling skills, even if they are dedicated and want it really bad. Just seems like they need much longer to controll their body and know what they need to do to hit the skills.

So the question for me is:
How long did it take you do almost get your bhs?
Do you feel like it's easy for you to take corrections, how good are your other tumbling skills like front walkovers or your round off?

And the step from 2 to 4 is not just tumbling like mentioned before.
Don't know wheter you fly or base, but it's body positions, strenght, timing, jumps (toe to bhs) and faster routines.

If you want it really bad - go for it. And keep in mind that one season in level 3 would just make you better prepared for level 4 :)

There are two girls at our gym that were on a level 3 team last year and are both on a level 5 team this year. But .... it took alot of tumbling and alot of privates.

It probably depends on your gym. At my gym, they very well may put me on a L4 team b/c I'm close to a layout. But we're a small gym. At other gyms (usually larger ones, b/c they have more girls) you may have to have a SOLID layout to be put on a level 4 team.
I'm sure you could get a tuck and start working layouts and standing tucks, it's whether you'll have a layout/standing tuck on your own

Tumbling wise it seems doable. But to actually go from competing level 2 to level 4 is quite a jump all around.

This. My first year of allstars I was put on a senior 4 even though I tried out with a roundoff double backhandspring.. I had good jumps, motions, dance, strong basing skills, etc. Competing a level 4 routine was absolute torture for me and the only tumbling I even did was a standing tuck and toe handspring fake tuck. Having never competed at all, it was a huge jump and I always wished I had had a year of level 2 or three where I could throw all the required tumbling. Even if I had all the level 4 tumbling skills, I feel like I would have busted every competition because with all the other elements of the routine I was too exhausted to breathe. In February of that season I was asked to fill in on senior 2 and ended up being on the team the rest of the year. I was so excited because I could execute and compete all of the level 2 skills. The routine was still difficult but so much more enjoyable because I wasn't completely dying the whole routine.

Back