Is It Too Late?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is it too late?

• Too late!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jul 26, 2016
I just started cheerleading this year (I'm 11 turning 12 in November) and I really want to be in competitive cheer at least by the age of 13. My friend Julia has been in cheer for 5 years and she just got into All Star cheerleading, which kind of scared me. Probably because I want to be in a more advanced group when I'm a little older. She's also very flexible and has AMAZING tumbling skills. I also feel like my tumbling won't advance when I'm older. Is it too late?

I just started cheerleading this year (I'm 11 turning 12 in November) and I really want to be in competitive cheer at least by the age of 13. My friend Julia has been in cheer for 5 years and she just got into All Star cheerleading, which kind of scared me. Probably because I want to be in a more advanced group when I'm a little older. She's also very flexible and has AMAZING tumbling skills. I also feel like my tumbling won't advance when I'm older. Is it too late?

It is only too late if you don't try.

You will very likely start out on lower level teams and work your way up.

**j'applaudis avec mes cuisses de tonnerre**

It's never too late. Just try your best and remember that every athlete is different and will progress at different rates. Don't get hung up on what level you are, just do YOUR best and you will be fine!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not too late. I learned to tumble in my late 20's, so you''re ahead of me. Listen to your coaches, do your conditioning to get stronger and rep your drills. You'll get it, but remember that everyone who makes it look easy has already put in the work you're just starting to do. They make it look easy cos they're strong and have repped those drills hundreds of times. You will get there if you're willing to work

You are a very good writer for an 11 year old. I'm just curious how you found this forum in the first place.

My 12 1/2 year old certainly isn't, although writing is definitely not his forte. Neither were my older ones at age 11. There are some adult posters on here who aren't even on the level of @JustLikeGabi.

Yes, @JustLikeGabi seems to be mature beyond her years as far as writing ability. My daughter's writing is filled with misspelled words and omitted punctuations. LOL

@JustLikeGabi no not too late! I'm 14 and started when I was 12. Just keep in mind you will probably start on Level 1 or 2, but you won't be 12 with a group of 7 year olds ex, you will be with 10-14 year olds (roughly).

I started all star when I was 13 or 14 I think, and all I had was a self-taught back walkover. Now I'm working on level 4 (layouts, standing tucks, etc) and I'm 17!
Just look up gyms in your area and find one nearby and sit in on a practice! Go for it! Theres no minimum skills needed for cheer! :)

I started all star when I was 13 or 14 I think, and all I had was a self-taught back walkover. Now I'm working on level 4 (layouts, standing tucks, etc) and I'm 17!
Just look up gyms in your area and find one nearby and sit in on a practice! Go for it! Theres no minimum skills needed for cheer! :)

This was pretty much me!! Started in 8th grade (13 turning 14) with a self taught cartwheel and round off. Ended senior year with all level 4 tumbling. Still a grandma cheering in college so it's certainly never too late

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are a very good writer for an 11 year old. I'm just curious how you found this forum in the first place.
Oh, I was bored and waiting for cheer camp to start so I searched up "cheer" abd this showed up. And by the way, bad grammer just gets on my nerves I may throw in an lol, or a bc but that's kinda it.

As long as you are determined to work for it, you can start at any age! I'm in a senior plus team (Although I'm one of the youngest) and this season we had a 36-year-old join us, and even though she was still learning the tumbles, she was super strong and able to contribute heaps to stunts that go on while the others are tumbling. If you really are wanting to compete as soon as you can, my advice would be to see if you can find a level 1 competitive team at an all-star gym near you. Best of luck :)

Back