All-Star is non-tumbling cheer worth it?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 1, 2024
I’ve always wanted to cheer and I am currently the age for U18 and Open. I have a couple of options for gyms, but the one that seems the most reasonable only has level 4+ tumbling teams for my age. There is also a U16/18 level 2 non-tumbling team, an open level 2/3 non-tumbling team, and an open level 4.2 (level 4 stunting and level 2 tumbling) team. The tumbling (did gymnastics when I was younger and still have some skills) aspect is what has me hooked into cheer, so I don’t know if it would make sense for me to be on a non-tumbling team, as I want to improve my tumbling skills. I also have no desire to be a flyer, so I feel like it wouldn’t be as engaging for me (just my take). any advice would be appreciated.

I think going in and being on an NT team or a 4.2 would be really good and allow you to learn the stunting skills while also having the opportunity to go to tumble classes or take tumble privates and work on developing those skills too. You could also reach out to the gym you are interested in and see what they recommend.

Back