College Is The Switch Common?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 25, 2010
Just curious, for those schools that have both coed and all girl teams, do you find it common for a lot of girls to go from coed to all girl after a year? one of my best friends actually switched to all girl this year. why do you think this is? If they were good enough for coed (not to say they aren't amazing for an all girl team), why quit? I understand it's like apples and oranges, that's why i'm curious.

peace, love, and happy cheering

showstopper

I know a lot of cheerleaders from all-girl high school squads make the transition to large coed college squads.

For a girl, co-ed is rough on the knees (at least that's what I found). So the switch to AG might have something to do with that.
I went from a HS AG base to a college co-ed flyer/top layer/basket girl.

For a girl, co-ed is rough on the knees (at least that's what I found). So the switch to AG might have something to do with that.
I went from a HS AG base to a college co-ed flyer/top layer/basket girl.

i did the same thing. well, went from my allstar team basing to a coed flyer and i am also a top layer and basket girl :)
the whole rough on the knees is definitely true. i have to ice every night, and the swelling still rarely goes down.

my best friend on my team that switched did it because she thought she was "too big" for coed. now mind you, seeing as coed flyers are typically picked for their size, i told her this was beyond false. i think she just didn't "get" coed stunting. it either clicks or it doesn't. so she switched, but she's actually basing on AG....

Definitely. For a female cheerleader who has cheered on a coed high school squad, the transition to college cheerleading is much easier but the downside is that there aren't very many coed high school squads.

We had two guys on our high school team. One of them and I went to a UCA college prep camp (at Slippery Rock, btw) and he actually ended up making the team at SRU :). We also went to stunt clinics that college teams hosted during the school year our Jr and Sr years of high school.

We had two guys on our high school team. One of them and I went to a UCA college prep camp (at Slippery Rock, btw) and he actually ended up making the team at SRU :). We also went to stunt clinics that college teams hosted during the school year our Jr and Sr years of high school.

really??? that's awesome! what a small world. or just some people with some really good taste in schools ;)

where are you from? i'm just curious because SRU isn't normally one of those OMG I WANT TO GO THERE SCHOOLS haha. there's normally another underlying reason. example A, my mom found the school for my major, and it happened to be highly ranked in the country. so to the rock i went. cheerleading just ended up being an added bonus.

really??? that's awesome! what a small world. or just some people with some really good taste in schools ;)

where are you from? i'm just curious because SRU isn't normally one of those OMG I WANT TO GO THERE SCHOOLS haha. there's normally another underlying reason. example A, my mom found the school for my major, and it happened to be highly ranked in the country. so to the rock i went. cheerleading just ended up being an added bonus.

He went to Rock for Athletic Training/Physical Therapy, and cheer was a bonus. But hey, back in the day you did pick a school based on academics and then looked at cheer! ;)

He went to Rock for Athletic Training/Physical Therapy, and cheer was a bonus. But hey, back in the day you did pick a school based on academics and then looked at cheer! ;)

now this is just creepy! haha he sounds like a great guy ;)

and hey now, not all is lost. i did things the right way :D

Back