High School Itchy Fabrics?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 14, 2017
If anyone has experience with the sparkly fabrics from MotionFlex (sparkle spandex, sequin mesh, charlize lace, “misty” or “fireworks” fabric), can you tell me if they’re itchy? The girls really want a football-style jersey for their comp tees with a large sparkly panel (I believe the example we saw uses the “fireworks” fabric?) but I don’t want to go with that if it’s super uncomfortable. These tees have to be worn when: waiting in the airport, sleeping on the bus, fundraising at school, etc. The embellished fabrics are super cute, but I’m curious to know if they can be worn comfortably beyond a two-minute routine.

I’ve tried to provide an example below but who knows if it’ll translate. If you look in the 2018 Varsity Spirit catalog, the look I’m considering is the red and black football jersey in the middle of page 163 where the lower panel is pretty much all sparkle.

Varsity Spirit Fashion: 2018 Catalog

Thanks so much.

Sorry, I just saw this and it's a few weeks old, but I would not recommend any fabric with sequins or other scratchy material that will be sewn into a seam which will not have a lining material between it and the skin. The problem with sequins specifically is when the fabric is cut, the sequins are also cut and instead of being round they now have sharp metallic edges. When these are sewn into a seam they tend to work their way out through the serger threads and stab and stick you to death. I've seen girls bleeding from a 2 minute routine in sequin dance costumes, I can't imagine anyone wanting to lounge around in them!

Bleh. I suspected as much. I figured there has to be a reason why I never see sparkle fabrics worn casually in real life outside of the Varsity catalog.

Back