All-Star J5 Returning To Worlds Next Year?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That is what the summit is for.

I sort of agree, except it's 90% easier to get a worlds bid than it is to get a summit bid. It's not like summit is just for J5. If that were the case, I'd agree with you.

There are 316 total worlds bids available for 2015 across 10 Divisions.

The summit has 269 bids total available across 40+ divisions (depending how they split coed or not). There are plenty of J5s who didn't receive summit bids that could have gotten a worlds bid had they been age eligible.

I rally hope this doesn't go through... I'm having nightmarish thoughts of what these kids might be exposed to at the All-Star Resort...:confused::eek:

As a parent, I would put my foot down on paying the $2000 it would cost to send just my child and a parent to exhibition for a weekend event.

As a parent, I would be hopeful that it would be my decision (Not the USASF's) on what my child is exposed to (or not).

If it were true, I wouldn't mind if the reasoning were to keep kids in the Junior aged division longer. It's been a discussion for a few years now how we have virtually dissolved the Junior division with the overlapping age grids, and everyone is in such a rush to be on a "Senior" team. I would like to see the push for Junior aged athletes to stay with their peers a little while longer.

My opinion...and I know it's not popular is to up the age for Worlds teams to 13, bring back the junior 5 division at Worlds, and remove it from Summit.
When juniors were at Worlds that division was amazing and people followed those teams just like we do with the Worlds teams now. I can't remember the last time this board had a conversation about junior teams and who was going to place where. Did anyone even notice the division at NCA? It was practically forced out of the arena to make way for the 40 million small coed teams that needed to perform from 8am-9pm at night:confused:

I always find it best to keep my mouth shut until a "rumor" is proven either true or false. Maybe that's just me.
Seriously. Just stop. I start a nice thread and nicely word it and just want to have a discussion and am very upfront with it being a rumor and you have to be rude like that? I've noticed you throw out snarky things like that a lot. Are these boards not a place to discuss such things? I asked if anyone had verifiable information.

It was being discussed by coaches as well as kids - I just heard about it more in detail via the kids in car. The reasoning could be money or exactly what was said above in regards to some junior 5 teams being incredible and far more talented than many senior level worlds teams and those amazing young athletes deserving the opportunity to be acknowledge for that?? Also many people believe that the J5 division has suffered with the rise in popularity of R5 and like a poster above said..they'd just simply rather be on worlds teams than on an age appropriate team that gets no real recognition. That's a common discussion had amongst the parents of kids on my daughters team.

My opinion...and I know it's not popular is to up the age for Worlds teams to 13, bring back the junior 5 division at Worlds, and remove it from Summit.
When juniors were at Worlds that division was amazing and people followed those teams just like we do with the Worlds teams now. I can't remember the last time this board had a conversation about junior teams and who was going to place where. Did anyone even notice the division at NCA? It was practically forced out of the arena to make way for the 40 million small coed teams that needed to perform from 8am-9pm at night:confused:
It was forced out of the arena and probably for the reason you stated!!! We were shocked and our kids were sad.

I sort of agree, except it's 90% easier to get a worlds bid than it is to get a summit bid. It's not like summit is just for J5. If that were the case, I'd agree with you.

There are 316 total worlds bids available for 2015 across 10 Divisions.

The summit has 269 bids total available across 40+ divisions (depending how they split coed or not). There are plenty of J5s who didn't receive summit bids that could have gotten a worlds bid had they been age eligible.
So true! It's 20 times easier to get a worlds bid!!

Last edited:

I remember our Junior Co-ed got to go to Worlds (now that I think about this, J-Co isn't even a division anymore :(), and they were WAY more popular than the Senior team from our gym at Worlds! They were just so impressive, just getting to Worlds was impressive enough and they got to compete against the likes of CA Jags, WC Starlites, etc. That was before we needed 4 days just to get through Senior 5 teams. With that said, I know they reduced the number of bids this year, and there have definitely been some L5 teams struggling to get bids, I'm curious if it will make a difference at all, I'd love to see a continued reduction in # of Worlds bids.

@CindyLou22, i think you shouldn't take it to heart if someone wants to sit on the side and wait for confirmation, nothing is wrong with that.... When the young people were talking about it, I was like whaaat? Where you hear such a thing? But what I have learned from listening to these conversations, these young people are listening with intent interest to coaches, gym owners, etc... and these people having private conversations do not know who are listening... I believe this rumor and know it will help revive the Jr5 division...
Like I said already, Summit is a good idea, but it is too big in scope and need to streamline itself, maybe only levels 2-R5 and only Senior division...

Last edited:
Back