All-Star J5 Returning To Worlds Next Year?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have to call some people on the carpet for hypocrisy,,, why be upset that I chop off the level 1s when @amy1k, a whole Mini division were chopped off, hmm, many of these athletes been working for a good 3 years, not only that, Mini 3 have been totally wiped off the USASF scope, ashes to ashes, dust to dust, No memoriams, no time of moaning, just gone, goodbye! I don't recall anyone upset by leaving them out of Summit...

PS: Tbh, my daughter was on a dynamo Jr1 team her 1st year in the sport and I believe, would probably had been contenders at Summit, but I still believe that level 1s should stay home... Why get mad over that, but leave the Minis out...Whyyy?
6-8 year olds throwing tuck passes just isn't the same as J5 though...

I'm not mad about the suggestion that level 1 teams don't belong at the Summit. It's intended to be an ALL LEVELS championship, though. I can't be bothered by minis and tinies..I have zero experience with those teams. If there are people who want to fight for them to have a spot there...by all means, they should have at it. *shrug*

I personally think age brackets need to be readjusted. J5 loooses kids to S5 and Y5 looses kids to j5 due to those J5 kids being put on S5 teams.

If the age brackets were realigned with very little over lap - I think you would have more teams to compete against in those level 5 in addition to trimming down the number of S5 teams.

Another thought also. With teams replacing normal sr age fliers with the smaller fliers - how does that help progress sr aged athletes for college cheer? Fliers are grounded and stunts groups are basing less weight then what they would when they transition to college.

I'm not mad about the suggestion that level 1 teams don't belong at the Summit. It's intended to be an ALL LEVELS championship, though. I can't be bothered by minis and tinies..I have zero experience with those teams. If there are people who want to fight for them to have a spot there...by all means, they should have at it. *shrug*
No, I have little experience at this, but you suggested I was being unfair by suggesting ways to streamline a competition... I can't imagine a team with a paid bid to Worlds will leave that bid on the table and not go, okay, maybe, TopGun turning down a paid bid last year, but they earned one later... But I heard teams turning down paid Summit bid because it was not a desirable competition for them, especially, if a team won NCA, UCA and Cheersport ...So that suggest that Summit is not as prestige and must do something to be considered important....

I can see it now: all these small gyms throwing together a j5 with 1-3 kids with fulls...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How is this any different then what we have now on the Senior level? These programs will probably not received bids or come on at large bids and be eliminated in the prelims... But hey, they were not denied that Worlds experience...

I'm torn....In my opinion, Worlds has lost some of the prestige it once had in its first five or six years. I now liken it to a chaotic frat party with too many people who end up trashing the frat house and leaving. However, it IS Worlds after all and I still love it for what it's supposed to represent.

The Summit may not seem as "prestigious" to a Junior 5-aged team, but let me tell you, that's a shame. The organization, production value, and overall sense of continuity and planning far exceeds where we're at with Worlds right now.

Back