All-Star Jam And Varsity

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

[email protected]. Or create it in google docs and share it with this address.
I really like the comparisons that can be made to the Varsity bases and the maximum groups in Jam. On a squad of 20 in Jam you would score a 9.5 for 5 groups but a 10 for 6. IT looks like with Varsity you would score a 4.6 with 5 groups but a 5 with 6. This is nice.

I'm with newcheerdad!!! The same score sheet weighted differently per event I think is best. I'm sorry but I don't trust MAJORITY of the judges. I know many of the judges on many I the major panels and no, I still don't trust most of them to separate divisions of 20+ with 100% accuracy. Is that asking too much? I don't think so when a team of 20 is paying 2k to compete and be treated fairly.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

After reading the new scoring systems for both I have to say I am very pleased from a judging standpoint. It will make it both easier when changing companies and also changing levels. Also I think this will be easier for those who go to Worlds no matter where they get their bid. The only questions I have are, Tosses for Jam, do you still need squad plus one more? Or do you need it like Varsity? Second question, example level 4 pyramid, full up to two legged extension. Does that count as a body position or just an LDT? Last year you would full up to two legs then pull a one legged position to count as a structure? That is for both. FYI, LDT's and Building skills creativity are the same. My only pet peeve is we should not reward a level 2 team with a "fake" tick tock. I realize they are cool to look at, but technically they aren't anything!..lol

Wow. Finally finished reading both new systems. I for one congratulate both on improving their respective systems. I feel that both listened and where needed made the adjustments that was best. From a choreography standpoint, this will be easier for me personally. From a judging and scoring standpoint it will be easier. While I am sure that everyone has questions I know you can contact both companies and they will be glad to answer any and all questions that you have. I have asked both and they answered all my questions. I feel this is gonna be a great year!

Back