Jam Brands Just Announced 2 Min Routines

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

http://www.jambrands.com/JAMScore/Rules/1213JBGeneralRules.pdf

If you look here, "Cheer Teams" are limited to 2:30. That includes all star, school, rec and college teams. The only division limited to 2:00 is All Star Prep. You're not competing as All Star Prep, right? I think Jam Brands might have muddied the waters in the email that they sent out today, since they included All Star "Rec" under All Star Prep, but I'm guessing they did that because All Star Prep last year was called All Star Rec at some competitions.

there is no "All Star Rec" its "Competitive Prep" if you a "rec" team out of a gym you are to enter the "Competitive Prep" division. a "Competitive Rec" team is a team that does NOT represent a school or all star program. They are cracking down on this division this year. There were a lot of teams (especially at US Finals) that were competing rec level that were from gyms

Yes but unfortunately since we are a rec team there is NO way we are ready for true allstar and we would be competing against really big name gyms from jersey and the surrounding areas. We dont have the tumbling that an allstar team has- not even close. And being our first year in allstar coming from town I think it would kill my kids.

if you are a team out of an all star gym you should be in the comp prep division. there is no "all star rec" they are not allowing gym rec teams compete with rec teams. All the teams will be in your level 1-3 and age group.

Yes but unfortunately since we are a rec team there is NO way we are ready for true allstar and we would be competing against really big name gyms from jersey and the surrounding areas. We dont have the tumbling that an allstar team has- not even close. And being our first year in allstar coming from town I think it would kill my kids.
You could always do like level 1 or 2 allstar (depending on your skill level) Bigger Name doesn't always mean the best! I knew a program that was BRAND new and beat one of the best teams in the country!

if you are a team out of an all star gym you should be in the comp prep division. there is no "all star rec" they are not allowing gym rec teams compete with rec teams. All the teams will be in your level 1-3 and age group.
We are a true rec allstar team - not affiliated with a cheer gym. We fall totally under the rec allstar division, even called Jam a few times to confirm. Dont want to be accused of doing something illegal-it's hard enough keeping up right now cant add any added pressure to our season.

Someone clarify please, WHAT is All star Rec?

There is no such division. Teams that consider themselves all star rec must determine whether they fit best under all star, all star prep, or rec. Some EPs require teams to cheer for other sports teams to be considered rec. ALL USASF sanctioned events should run all star prep the same this year (2:00 routines, no crossovers from all star teams).

there is no "All Star Rec" its "Competitive Prep" if you a "rec" team out of a gym you are to enter the "Competitive Prep" division. a "Competitive Rec" team is a team that does NOT represent a school or all star program. They are cracking down on this division this year. There were a lot of teams (especially at US Finals) that were competing rec level that were from gyms

That depends on the EP. Not all EPs have that requirement. Rec remains completely undefined by the USASF. USASF has only come outwith regulations for all star prep, but only the 2:00 requirement and disallowing crossovers from traditional all star teams. They're allowing EPs to determine other requirements (ie, half year teams, a certain amount of practice time per week, etc.)

There is no such division. Teams that consider themselves all star rec must determine whether they fit best under all star, all star prep, or rec. Some EPs require teams to cheer for other sports teams to be considered rec. ALL USASF sanctioned events should run all star prep the same this year (2:00 routines, no crossovers from all star teams).
Rec- meaning 2 min and 30 sec of music? I guess regardless of what people are calling it this year- my team is a town team,cheers for football, non for profit- not out of a cheer gym, coached by volunteers and goverend by a youth league- therefor we are a rec. Rec cheerleaders, rec allstars - whatever we are called- I just wish the rules would be the same at all events (i wish for world peace also but hay aim high)

Rec- meaning 2 min and 30 sec of music? I guess regardless of what people are calling it this year- my team is a town team,cheers for football, non for profit- not out of a cheer gym, coached by volunteers and goverend by a youth league- therefor we are a rec. Rec cheerleaders, rec allstars - whatever we are called- I just wish the rules would be the same at all events (i wish for world peace also but hay aim high)

You must have missed my posts earlier in the thread. If you compete under the rec division at Jam events, your routines can be 2:30.

SarahS is exactly right. Depending on what you called JAM Brands and asked about, or what terminology you used, that would've determined what answer you got. If you said you were Rec and cheer for a sport, then they would've told you 2:30, which is accurate.

Here is part of the email that prompted my thread

All Star Prep Cheer
Per the USASF, the time limit for the All Star Prep (1/2 year teams, semi-competitive teams, All Star "Rec" teams, etc.) divisions is 2 minutes. Also, crossovers are NOT ALLOWED between All Star Cheer divisions and All Star Prep Cheer divisions.
I am glad this is wrong and i can sleep at night now...

Here is part of the email that prompted my thread

All Star Prep Cheer
Per the USASF, the time limit for the All Star Prep (1/2 year teams, semi-competitive teams, All Star "Rec" teams, etc.) divisions is 2 minutes. Also, crossovers are NOT ALLOWED between All Star Cheer divisions and All Star Prep Cheer divisions.
I am glad this is wrong and i can sleep at night now...

Yep, like I said before, look here: http://www.jambrands.com/JAMScore/Rules/1213JBGeneralRules.pdf

The ONLY division limited to 2:00 is All Star Prep. If you are competing in a rec division, you have 2:30.

ETA - the email isn't "wrong," per se. It says "All Star 'Rec' teams," meaning those teams that were called All Star Rec last year at certain events but that are now competing as All Star Prep. It doesn't matter that you call yourself All Star Rec - if you compete in the rec division, you have 2:30.

Oh okay. I keep getting confused because people say "I cheer for All star rec" and i NEVER knew what it was.

Back