All-Star Jamfest Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ahh, gotcha. That makes sense

Does drawing high profile level 5 teams to your Nationals, or Super Duper Superest Bestest Nationals increase the draw for teams and their supporters in all divisions (in other words, does it help the companies make more money)? NCA for years would say yes. CheerSport not so much but they have increased their presence here also the last few years. Jamfest is somewhere in the middle from my observations, and they would like to move up. However having bids and the presence of teams you sponser at Worlds must give the compaines value other than some contractual support of the USASF bottom line in Orlando (I assume the compaines pledge so many bids to ensure a better bottom line at Worlds, but Worlds seems to be past the point of self supporting, I think all the competition companies have a financial interest in the success of Worlds). If you think there is a benefit for Jamfest, my guess would be that they would like to send the highest profile teams with the most national/world suppport they could send and it would be very hard to argue that SE, SS and F5 are not solidly in the upper part of the top 10 of all "nationally and world known teams". I suspect if they all hit well and it is close Jammy would gladly give all 3 a bid.

The way the money is handed out this year would cost competition companies so much more if a large team was to win...isn't it $650 per athlete for a full paid bid? $ 13,000 for a small team as apposed to $ 23,400 for a large....wonder if that would change some minds????

It has always been more economical to send a small team over a large team. The companies didn't send a 25k check to the gym and the gym keep the remainder after fees paid.

Also, it would be the most economical for an event producer to send a team from the state of Florida over, say, Cheer Extreme that comes from a smaller airport market in North Carolina.

Does drawing high profile level 5 teams to your Nationals, or Super Duper Superest Bestest Nationals increase the draw for teams and their supporters in all divisions (in other words, does it help the companies make more money)? NCA for years would say yes. CheerSport not so much but they have increased their presence here also the last few years. Jamfest is somewhere in the middle from my observations, and they would like to move up. However having bids and the presence of teams you sponser at Worlds must give the compaines value other than some contractual support of the USASF bottom line in Orlando (I assume the compaines pledge so many bids to ensure a better bottom line at Worlds, but Worlds seems to be past the point of self supporting, I think all the competition companies have a financial interest in the success of Worlds). If you think there is a benefit for Jamfest, my guess would be that they would like to send the highest profile teams with the most national/world suppport they could send and it would be very hard to argue that SE, SS and F5 are not solidly in the upper part of the top 10 of all "nationally and world known teams". I suspect if they all hit well and it is close Jammy would gladly give all 3 a bid.

To answer your first question: YES

In response to the middle part: Event Producers do not receive any "extras" from the success of the teams they send to Worlds, other than some bragging rights.

To the last part: I whole-heartedly agree, and I would add TG IO5 to your mix of the bid receiving teams.

It has always been more economical to send a small team over a large team. The companies didn't send a 25k check to the gym and the gym keep the remainder after fees paid.

For some of them, that's close to how they do it.

I've never heard of a gym keeping the extra, but I know of event producers that gave them the money to make the travel arrangements. A Small team can spend more than $25,000 using the Worlds travel packet

To answer your first question: YES

In response to the middle part: Event Producers do not receive any "extras" from the success of the teams they send to Worlds, other than some bragging rights.

To the last part: I whole-heartedly agree, and I would add TG IO5 to your mix of the bid receiving teams.

Bragging rights are value to me, but the first part of the post is more than enough value if it improves their competition attemdamce. I think the event producers are USASF to some extent that I cannot quanitfy since I have no idea about their business charter, so making Worlds successful helps Jamfest, and Varsity and all of them. It gives the sport a national/worldwide "event" that for one weekend brings all the promoters under the same roof, and that is a good thing for cheerleading. And I'm sure TG IO5 will be one of the top favorites for a bid. TG is one of those gyms that it is always best to have at your competition and prepresenting your name.

For some of them, that's close to how they do it.

I've never heard of a gym keeping the extra, but I know of event producers that gave them the money to make the travel arrangements. A Small team can spend more than $25,000 using the Worlds travel packet

Keep in mind that the rate posted in the travel packet is not the same "discounted rate" event producers pay. Even if it was the same, it would cost approximately 11K for the rooms (3 nights all-star resort) so that would leave approximately 14k for flights for a group of 22. Certainly not unheard of for a $700 flight.

I don't know where you've seen that, but I've seen how arrangements are made.

It sounds like you're agreeing with me.

I don't know where you've seen that, but I've seen how arrangements are made.

It sounds like you're agreeing with me.

I don't believe that I am agreeing with you. I have seen the invoices for a "paid bid" and an "at-large bid," the latter is more expensive. So, with that info, I would find it extremely difficult to spend 25K on a small team. That would roughly translate to 50K for a large team. ( I dont recall the rates of paid bids, but, think if it was just $100.00 less than the published rate how much more a team can spend on flights)

Just look at this quick math:
$650/athlete * 22 = $14,300.00 allowance
$455/ athlete * 20 = $9,100.00 (published rate, not paid bid rate)
$745/ coach * 2 = $1,490.00
Total = $10,590.00
Allowance of $14,300.00 -
published rate $10,590.00
for a total flight allowance of: $3,710.00 which works out to $168.64 per airline ticket. Once you add in taxes and junk fees from the airport you would have to find a flight that cost approximately $145.00. That may work for teams in Ga/Fla. but, it's not going to work anywhere else.

I dont recall the rates of paid bids, but, if it was just $100.00 less than the published rate then teams could afford a much more reasonable airline ticket.

If you're not agreeing with me, then I'm confused. Is your point that a small team's travel can't add up to $25,000 or that $14,300 is much less to go by? I think its obvious that large would cost more than a small.

By your math, a small team would get $655 per plane ticket. (for 22 tickets). That wouldn't be hard to do for most teams.

If you're not agreeing with me, then I'm confused. Is your point that a small team's travel can't add up to $25,000 or that $14,300 is much less to go by? I think its obvious that large would cost more than a small.

By your math, a small team would get $655 per plane ticket. (for 22 tickets). That wouldn't be hard to do for most teams.
I'm sorry i'm confusing. My point is that i would find it extremely difficult for a small team to amass 25K in expenses. Especially since the Paid bid rate is significantly less than the posted rate.
Since a team only gets $650 per athlete for the whole trip, I'm not sure how you are getting $655 for flights as well.

We're definitely approaching the same discussion from two different angles. I don't think you are confusing, just that I was confused, but I understand why. I am usually the lowest common demoninator anyway.

The $655 was using the $25,000 total as a comparison.

'nuff said. Let's let everyone else get back to speculating about who will get a bid. I'm going to find more funny pictures of Kingston and read about what people got for Christmas.

I got this information from one of the Jam care reps:

"We will be giving two paid bids to small teams (5-20 athletes) and two paid
bids to large teams (21-36 athletes). Four of our At-Large Bids will be
given to Small (5-20 athletes) and four At-Large Bids will be given to Large
(21-36 athletes). We have not yet determined the selection process for
these. We will have these decided upon by next week so that all coaches
will be informed at the coaches meetings on Friday."

I want to thank them for the response

Back