All-Star Jamfest Indy Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Did James post how they are awarding bids? If so does anyone have the link?

This was posted by SharkDad in another thread - this is all I've seen on it:
Here is some information I confirmed with a Jam care rep. I am pasting it directly from the e-mail:

"We will be giving two paid bids to Small teams in the Senior Divisions (5-20 athletes) and two paid bids to Large teams in the Senior Divisions (21-36 athletes). Four of our At-Large Bids will be given to Small (5-20 athletes) and four At-Large Bids will be given to Large (21-36 athletes). We have not yet determined the selection process for these. We will have these decided upon by next week so that all coaches will be informed at the coaches meetings on Friday.

The scoring split is 30% from Saturday’s score and 70% from Sunday’s score.

International teams are eligible for At Large Bids only, paid bids are awarded to the Senior Divisions"

This was posted by SharkDad in another thread - this is all I've seen on it:
Here is some information I confirmed with a Jam care rep. I am pasting it directly from the e-mail:​

"We will be giving two paid bids to Small teams in the Senior Divisions (5-20 athletes) and two paid bids to Large teams in the Senior Divisions (21-36 athletes). Four of our At-Large Bids will be given to Small (5-20 athletes) and four At-Large Bids will be given to Large (21-36 athletes). We have not yet determined the selection process for these. We will have these decided upon by next week so that all coaches will be informed at the coaches meetings on Friday.​

The scoring split is 30% from Saturday’s score and 70% from Sunday’s score.

International teams are eligible for At Large Bids only, paid bids are awarded to the Senior Divisions"

So does that mean that the remaining 4 are going to international, becasue those are not split between large and small?

I believe this is a fair way to put the bids. Each division can be represented equally by Jamfest at worlds, which in my opinion is smart of them.

that was my assumption, but he didn't state specifically - only that they are only eligible for At Large bids.

I hope that is the case, becasue the IOC5 teams have to outscore almost 40 teams to get bids. Although for some of them, that wont be an issue.

We wish we would've known this before our team of struggling college students purchased tickets and hotel for Indiana to compete against few teams and now be ineligible for a bid.

We wish we would've known this before our team of struggling college students purchased tickets and hotel for Indiana to compete against few teams and now be ineligible for a bid.

I was actually wondering if you guys knew that you weren't eligible for paid bids before deciding to go. It bites that they didn't let people know before registration so that International teams didn't sign up in hopes to get a paid bid only to learn the trip is sort of a waste of money that could have gone towards the trip to worlds.

Back