Jamfest Northern

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 23, 2010
Anyone going? I think I'm going watching and supporting Cheer Valleys solos and Edge Hill Extreme :)

Did you go to watch? the team I'm on are planning on going next year & I wanted to know what the event was like e.g. doyou come out to the flashing lights/music like at some american events, did they have shops/companies selling stuff like at BCA events? Iff you didn't go I may email to ask them, but wanted to get a spectators view first :)

Did you go to watch? the team I'm on are planning on going next year & I wanted to know what the event was like e.g. doyou come out to the flashing lights/music like at some american events, did they have shops/companies selling stuff like at BCA events? Iff you didn't go I may email to ask them, but wanted to get a spectators view first :)

Are you asking about the Jamfest Northern regional or the Jamfest Europe nationals? If I was to write about both it would end up being an essay haha

Oh the Northern Regional :)

Well it's held in a ballroom so it doesn't really look like the american Jamfest competitions but it still had the spotlights. I really can't remember if they had music when teams were walking on, I think they had it on between teams though. They had a stall selling Jamfest clothing, but not any stalls with other cheer companies selling stuff. And the floor was sprung which is always a good thing :)

This is a video of the team I went to support, you can sort of see the backdrop and stuff

Do remember though that this was the second competition Jamfest has ever run before in England so they don't have much money to spend on things like a huge backdrop. The one at nationals was imported from America so they probably didn't want to do that again for a small regional (my coach was talking to the woman who runs Jamfest Europe and she said they are going to improve it when they can afford to). What division would your team be in? IMO if you are coming up from Devon to compete I think nationals would be a much better competition to go to in terms of the experience you would have and the teams to see (I mean, how many opportunities do you get to see Ascension Eagles live?)

Sorry for the essay :)

Thank you for the information :) Got a clearer idea of what to expect at a Jam event now :) Our coach is only doing the Northern jam as it fits in better with our new programme for the 11/12 season (and some of us have been asking to go to Jaamfest since it arrived here), although Myself & a few others would love to do the European jam instead because of the bigger/higher teams that go...Our first ever comp was at the ball room in 2008. I think we'd enter co-ed 3 or all-girl 3 depending on the team nearer the event...Thanks again for your help :)

Back