All-Star January 2017 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'll agree it reminds me of F5's pyramid in 2014, too many tosses barely any building skills.

And they really don't move at all. I'm used to not being able to keep up with what's going on because each group is moving around to new positions so much but this seemed really stagnant with a lot of the same stunt group doing a ton of flips. I'm sure it will score fine difficulty wise but definitely really lacking the in creativity and no where near maxing out or blowing away the competition.

ETA: I only counted 2 pictures... don't you need 4?

And they really don't move at all. I'm used to not being able to keep up with what's going on because each group is moving around to new positions so much but this seemed really stagnant with a lot of the same stunt group doing a ton of flips. I'm sure it will score fine difficulty wise but definitely really lacking the in creativity and no where near maxing out or blowing away the competition.

ETA: I only counted 2 pictures... don't you need 4?
2 structures, 4 level appropriate skills

And again they change their pyramid and it has zero difficulty. It's flashy and entertaining with all the flips but no difficulty at all. That's why they don't score well and that's why they they lost to Orange when they have several falls and SE hits perfect, why they only beat Panthers by .2 at Cheer Alliance and Panthers had serveral mistakes. I just don't understand the reasoning to keep changing the pyramid but not adding the difficulty.

I am not arguing for or against any team, but it has enough difficulty to score in the appropriate range and it is executed very well, demonstrating a perfect marriage of both scoring categories. It is also January and there is time for them to upgrade as they see fit. Properly trained judges will take a cleanly executed pyramid that hits the scoresheet over a slightly more difficult one with timing errors and form breaks.

Last edited:
And again they change their pyramid and it has zero difficulty. It's flashy and entertaining with all the flips but no difficulty at all. That's why they don't score well and that's why they they lost to Orange when they have several falls and SE hits perfect, why they only beat Panthers by .2 at Cheer Alliance and Panthers had serveral mistakes. I just don't understand the reasoning to keep changing the pyramid but not adding the difficulty.

Its all about risk vs reward. Do you go for the extra difficulty points and potentially sacrifice on your execution, or vice versa. That's a game every coach plays throughout a routine.

I'm so insanely in love with Cheetahs this year.
But I'm not in love with Panthers' poor body position form during elite stunts. It's improved since the early parts of the season, but it's still not there.

I keep wanting to say "SQUEEZE" "PULL UP" and "BE TIGHT". I don't get it.

Its all about risk vs reward. Do you go for the extra difficulty points and potentially sacrifice on your execution, or vice versa. That's a game every coach plays throughout a routine.
Yeah but when you Hit two perfect routines and still come in 2nd to a team with major mistakes. I would take a chance and have a real level 5 pyramid and not a level 4 pyramid. That's why they don't score well and haven't scored well this whole season compared to other LAG teams

This is the second time I have noticed with this being a different occasion where Lexi on Cheetahs is continually pulling up her practise wear? It's very distracting and bizarre that this is happening for a second time?

I would have never noticed that and now it's bothering me like crazy.
Her double down almost makes up for how distracting that can be

Yeah but when you Hit two perfect routines and still come in 2nd to a team with major mistakes. I would take a chance and have a real level 5 pyramid and not a level 4 pyramid. That's why they don't score well and haven't scored well this whole season compared to other LAG teams

I would familiarize yourself with your scoresheet because that is not a level 4 pyramid. Most Worlds teams will include lower level elements in their stunts and pyramids for variety and creativity. It's actually encouraged. I do agree the pyramid does not currently deliver the same WOW factor as the ones to which we're accustomed, but your reasoning for them not winning is beginning to sound ridiculous and amateur.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back