All-Star January 2017 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The Grand Champions didn't get paid? or even a bid? What am I missing?
Only one paid bid was designated for an international team and Chrome had a higher score than OO5. They typically don't accept at large bids so I'm guessing that's why they didn't get one of those.

Here is our undefeated Large J3- Ohio Extreme Rubies. They really are fantastic! Our program won the High Point Award out of 700 teams (our Y2 scored a 98.97 today) and our gym won the program award for having the highest average scores for a gym, out of 200 gyms! While neither of our worlds teams got their bids today, they were right in the mix! This is the first year for our SC5 and our fist bid event for either team.
Jme Designs - Graphic Design & Photography | Rubies - Jamfest Super Nationals | asset

Midnight Day 2 NOLA with a score of 98

Holy Midnight Batman.

1. Their 2nd stunt is one of those that only has the desired effect if everyone hits it on the same count. When it happens perfectly I almost get the cheer holy ghost.

2. The execution on their tumbling.

3. How solid those coeds are.

4. That one man in the opening. I see you girl.

They do a full up then walk the other half...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As someone said it's based on the flyer. It's no different than a group double up where the bases turn. I don't really know how you would do a coed 1.5 up without the base turning, unless you held the flyer backwards.

As someone said it's based on the flyer. It's no different than a group double up where the bases turn. I don't really know how you would do a coed 1.5 up without the base turning, unless you held the flyer backwards.

Fierce 5 did coed double ups in '14 & '15 without doing a full turn. But my point is that the rotation of the flyer stops at a full up and the bases walk them the rest of the way around. But what do I know?

Fierce 5 did coed double ups in '14 & '15 without doing a full turn. But my point is that the rotation of the flyer stops at a full up and the bases walk them the rest of the way around. But what do I know?

I know double ups have been done. Double ups are different than a 1.5 up. In order for the base to not walk the flyer would either have to start facing the base or the stunt would end with the flyer facing the front and the base facing the back. Either way very awkward. With a double up you wouldn't have to do that.
As long as it's more of a continuous motion it counts, it's not like they're doing a full up, pausing for a few counts then turning the other half.

They do a full up then walk the other half...

It's no different than the way some all girl groups do a 1.5 up or double up by the bases shuffling position. The rotation is determined by the flyers hips in relation to their starting position. Technically, you can't walk any stunt in a full circle until level 3. Every single year judging we tell someone that although it seems insane, no, your level 1 team cannot have a shoulder sit that spins in a circle because it's the same as a full around.

I think its funny that Panthers do a very similar big flippy pyramid with literally only one tick tock the rest is all inversions yet we only bash SE. CSP knows how to score.

I hope BSB plugs in a fill in 5 stunt groups is just a much bigger visual than 4 especially with comparative scoring. Midnight's routine is a beauty but they don't have the tumbling when compared to BSB, even SMOED IMO.

I was really hoping to see SUPERS hit but I feel like this is almost what they needed those girls are hungry I can honestly seeing them have a real chance at winning come April.

I never know why SOT scores so high I feel like I've been saying this since 2013.

Last edited:
I think its funny that Panthers do a very similar big flippy pyramid with literally only one tick tock the rest is all inversion yet we only bash SE. CSP knows how to score.

I think its because we are use to SE doing a more creative pyramid with creative transitions and movement along the stunt groups, examples would be their pyramids from 2013 and 2015. Their pyramid this year lacks those creative transitions and flash we are use to seeing from an SE pyramid.

Back